Fear demo on Marketplace

Soldato

Jet

Jet

Soldato
I have the demo from the official Xbox 360 magazine and I watched my dad play it. I wasn't concentrating on it but it looked great. My dad is definitely buying it.

Man of Honour
Dark_Angel said:
The problem is though, if I create a USA gamer profile, I would not be able to use the pics on my UK profile? or is there a way of swapping my profile to a USA one?
He means just to download demos and movies that are not available in the UK, not to build up points and play against people, unless it's a multiplayer demo, just so you can get content that we can't.

Soldato
DaveyD said:
He means just to download demos and movies that are not available in the UK, not to build up points and play against people, unless it's a multiplayer demo, just so you can get content that we can't.

Have you misunderstood here? :p

He means that if he sets up a US account and downloads the Gamerpics he wants, how will he be able to use those pics on his UK account?

Soldato
Nismo said:
Have you misunderstood here? :p

He means that if he sets up a US account and downloads the Gamerpics he wants, how will he be able to use those pics on his UK account?

Thanks for clearing that up, I was starting to think I misunderstood something :)

Soldato
DaveyD said:

Correct, they work in just the same way as having two UK proviles does, except you have access to any content that is exclusive to USA. I have one mainly for demos.

You can still customise the USA profile if you want to as any gamer pics or themes you download are saved onto your HDD, thus making them available to use on any profile.

If you did want to download content that you have to pay for, you would have to put the gamer points on the correct profile.

All downloaded content can be used on whichever profile you choose.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just had a quick go on the demo, frame rate is fine. Probably down to the fact that the graphics are a little less detailed than the pc version (tho the slow mo effect looks just as good as the pc version).

Not worth buying imo for anyone who played through the original, but worth a look for those who didn't.

Soldato
wedgie22 said:
Just had a quick go on the demo, frame rate is fine. Probably down to the fact that the graphics are a little less detailed than the pc version (tho the slow mo effect looks just as good as the pc version).

see i found the exact same thing, i didnt have framerate issues i just thought it looked quite crap. The environments where even blander than the PC. I was gutted as i was expecting it to be better than my PC but it just wasn't :(

although nobody seemed to agree a few weeks back lol

Soldato
JUMPURS said:
see i found the exact same thing, i didnt have framerate issues i just thought it looked quite crap. The environments where even blander than the PC. I was gutted as i was expecting it to be better than my PC but it just wasn't :(

although nobody seemed to agree a few weeks back lol

Have to say I agree. I've only played it for 5 mins but found the environments quite dull and low detail. The game actually reminded me a bit of Condemned, dark and claustrophobic.
I didn't play the PC version so I can't make any comparisons. Going to have another look tonight and not 'put off' yet as I do like a good FPS; which it apparently really is.

I think for a £199 console (£100 less than the cost of my gfx card when it was released) it's fantastic, I've played the game right through on the PC in full detail and yes it looks a little better on my PC but it's really not that much different, I really don't know why some people are so insistent on comparing the PC and 360 versions all the time, "OH MY GOD !!!!!!, THE 360 VERION IS MISSING SOME AA" or "OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!, THE TEXTURES ON THE 360 VERSION ARE SLIGHTLY LOWER :eek: :eek: , THE GAMES RUBBISH !!!, THE GAMES RUBBISH !!!",

I think there's allot of lucky people out there that can now enjoy a really good game that was before unobtainable to them due to the cost of having to need a pretty high end spec PC to enjoy F.E.A.R. properly.

Associate
Just played through the FEAR demo ... yet another boring linear FPS ...

I've watched through the 15 minute Bioshack video that was posted recently, they are claiming that it won't be linear... is there hope for a decent FPS ... or not... !

Soldato
well just tried it and it runs far better on my 360 than on my now aging PC which was struggling to run the pc version (AMD3200+, x800XTPe and 1 gig of ram).

Looks the same but runs much better, will deffo be buying

Back
Top Bottom