Feeling small in the *ahem* trouser department?

Soldato
Then you need one of these!!! :D

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/full_systems.html#afs_2d025_2dok

"Ultima Extreme QUAD SLi 7900 GX2" AMD Athlon 64 FX60 Dual DDR Silent PhysX Enabled System (FS-025-OK)
If you are looking for the ultimate AMD box then look no further than the Ultima Extreme QUAD SLi AMD Athlon 64 FX60 Dual Core. This system is further future proofed with the addition of a BFG Ageia PhysX accelerator card which improves the realism of games. Supplied pre-built it has an impressive specification to say the least :-

- AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core FX60 (Socket 939) CPU
- AMD Approved cooler
- Abit AN8-32X Dual X16 Lane (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard
- Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3500LL Pro TwinX (2x1GB) CAS2 Dual Channel Kit
- 2 x 150GB Western Digital Raptor 16MB Cache SATA Hard Drive (RAID 0 Configured)
- 2 x NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GX2 1024MB GDDR3 Graphics Cards (SLi Configured)
- BFG Ageia PhysX Accelerator card future proofing this system for PhysX enabled games!!!!
- Plextor PX-755 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter
- Onboard 7.1 Channel DTS Sound Card
- Silverstone Black Temjin TJ03 outfitted with silent fans for airflow&cooling
- Tagan Quad SLi Approved 900-1100W ATX2.0 PSU
- Windows XP Professional pre-installed with License and CD supplied

Note - All Ultima systems are built and installed on demand, during busy periods this may cause a delay of between 24 and 48 hours in despatching your order. The Ultima can be supplied assembled with or without your choice of installed operating system but is supplied without keyboard, mouse, speakers or monitor (all of which are available elsewhere in this on-line store).

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Dear god, talk about overkill... I suppose £4,228 is a relatively decent price considering what you're getting though. I'd certainly rather this machine than that $10,000 yoke from a certain large computer manufacturer :D

Aidoscuz said:
Just noticed that it doesn't come with a soundcard... Come on OcUK, that's just stingy!
Its been posted in the numerous other threads that there won't be space for a soundcard with all the addon cards installed and the graphics cards taking up two slots each.

Aidoscuz said:
Just noticed that it doesn't come with a soundcard... Come on OcUK, that's just stingy!

not just that.....

but is supplied without keyboard, mouse, speakers or monitor (all of which are available elsewhere in this on-line store

so 4 and a half grand later - you've still got to buy a monitor and after all that they couldn't throw in a keyboard and mouse! :p

*puts CC back in wallet*

lol

but it is a nice spec i guess - comedy overkill, but I suppose someone out there will think they need it.........

thefranklin said:
Ok, with all this quad sli dual core phys-x stuff, why do we still only get 2GB of RAM? Doesn't xp64 support 4 or 8?

I think its because running more than 2 Gb of RAM forces you to run at 2T timings instead of 1T...

And i'm sure that may be a difference of 0.0000000001 fps or summat... :rolleyes:

And probably also cos games dont require more than 2Gb yet... (i dont think anyways)

M

noxidjkram@hotm said:
And probably also cos games dont require more than 2Gb yet... (i dont think anyways)

M
they dont need quad SLId 7900s either lol.
its one hell of a nice 'dream PC'
but id say theres a MAJOR downside to not ebing able to plug in an X-fi ofr soemthing. to some people sound is AS important as graphocs.

still DX10 is on the horizon. so that spec will go out of date before you can say ' oh dear' ... but that happens all the time with Pcs anyway :(

noxidjkram@hotm said:
I think its because running more than 2 Gb of RAM forces you to run at 2T timings instead of 1T...

And i'm sure that may be a difference of 0.0000000001 fps or summat... :rolleyes:

M

But then games dont require quad sli + a physics card ;) lol

EDIT: damn beaten! :D

Apple 30'' Cinimar (sp) screen to get the true benfits of Quad SLi.

3D scores are up but what the human eye can really see wont be all that much, response times yeah up and with that realisation card lark thing maybe seam a bit more real thats all

Back
Top Bottom