Fellow Musicians - Let me introduce you to some amazing AI software

Man of Honour
Playing in mainly cover bands for the last 53 years I've used all sorts of training material with the most recent being Guitar Pro and Ultimate Guitar.
The other month when the new Beatles single came out I was searching around for AI Software and came across this - https://vocalremover.org/splitter-ai
It's free to use for several goes and I decided my band needed it.

My band now use this all the time because it is an awesome learning tool.
I drop the track in and it splits the track into it's core instruments.
I then save each track out as you can see in the picture but I also do a mix for the drummer and bass player where their instruments are on 100% and the others on 15%.
We can even work harmonies out better by just listening to the vocal track.

I've also paid for another online software because it is dearer but separates all instruments so I can hear keyboards or guitar parts better - https://www.lalal.ai
eg I was able to hear what Elton was doing on his piano in Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting where I couldn't hear it on the full record.

Other local bands are now using this after my suggestion and some solo singers are able to make their own backing tracks by removing the vocals.

Anyway, even if you're not interested it's a bit of fun to try it to see how they removed John Lennon's voice from a track.

splitterai.jpg

Soldato
I use Moises. Honestly, felt like absolute wizardry for the first few months me and the guys used it. Was super helpful for band practices where we had a band member missing.

Moises

Associate
On a semi-related subject, is there anything that can somehow "cancel out" a background song? Say you have some audio which is a random popular song with a voiceover, and you have the song as a normal mp3 that you wanted to cancel out to leave just the voiceover, is that possible? I'm not expecting a perfectly isolated voiceover track, and I know "you can't unbake a cake", but last time I looked into this, there was a rudimentary method involving phase-something-or-other. I have no idea about music production or audio engineering, so I might be expecting too much.

Man of Honour
OP
On a semi-related subject, is there anything that can somehow "cancel out" a background song? Say you have some audio which is a random popular song with a voiceover, and you have the song as a normal mp3 that you wanted to cancel out to leave just the voiceover, is that possible? I'm not expecting a perfectly isolated voiceover track, and I know "you can't unbake a cake", but last time I looked into this, there was a rudimentary method involving phase-something-or-other. I have no idea about music production or audio engineering, so I might be expecting too much.

This is what this software does like isolating John Lennon's voice on the new Beatles song.
Just try the link I suggested and there is an Option called Remover that separates the voice and music.

Soldato
They added this to FL studio for free a couple months back and is fun stem splitter, though it goes on to tell you the notes, timings etc as well as AI mastering etc. Lots of useful stuff that I woudl use but then you are getting into very grey copywriting grey areas of sampling etc.
Also good if you want to sample say someone taking in a movie line, it'll split that down too to isolate the vocals.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom