Ferrari F80

Yawn. Another hypercar destined to sit in garages, used as an investment. Next….
This. I know it sounds very bitter to say it, and will just smack of jealousy (which of course it is, in part), but I just cant get excited by these sorts of launches, and not just because I can only dream of buying one. I started watching the video earlier and just turned off halfway through, bored...same for the McLaren W1 the other day. I love cars and I love reading about automotive technology which pushes the envelope, but stuff like this just seems contrived, just another set of top trumps numbers to be bought by the ultra rich so they can say they own it, then squirrel it away and never drive it (or if they do, just slowly along Knightsbridge).

Last edited:
i will take it if no one wants it..

that said, not my favourite looking Ferrari, but then i have always preferred the raging bull over the prancing horse anyway.

Erm, I love it. A very different style to previous in many ways, but there’s so much to take in and so many cool design flairs. I guess not everyone liked the 12cilindri either.

The front end ruins it.

Car design over the last decade went off a cliff.
Yea the front is rough. Looks like they went to the parts bin to put the car together.

These hyper cars feel like modern F1 vs the V10 era. Technological wonders but completely soulless.

To be fair, F40 and f60 were a bit decisive.

That was the best era I think. The designs had a great shape, but weren't fussy like they are now.

I don't get the whole thing about making it track focused either, with all the racing modes etc. No one is taking a limited number, 3 million dollar car to a track day and it's too complicated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom