few pics of the race car

Associate
took her down to Shakespeare County Raceway this weekend but unfortunately rain put halt to any racing, so gave the new purple metal flake paint job a good coat of Meguiars and shot a few pics

motorpsycho1kh0.jpg

motorpsycho2vc1.jpg

motorpsycho3vi8.jpg

motorpsycho4te2.jpg

Associate
OP
Badgerpoo said:
Why are the intake trumpets random lengths and a bit wonkey? Isn't there an optimum length for maximum power?

volospian said:

Jonny69 said:
Looks wicked :)

I take it you're running with no front these days then?

Edit: re. the trumpet length, depending on the engine some other things to consider: The port length in the head and manifold is often equalled with the length of the trumpet eg Rover V8. Also to get the trumpet flare to fit in the stacks are offset and angled. Plus it looks cool :D

pretty much what Jonny said, the intake lengths on a Big Block Chevy are different lengths alternate cylinders and enter into the centre of the port or the edge so the stack lengths are varied to equalise intake runner length and provide maximum torque

Yup, no front for now, gunna cut it around about so its just got the grille on it at some point when we get time

PMKeates said:
I'd have it in the twisties.

:p

How much horsepower does it put out again? I remember it being massive!

around 1000bhp, its a little fat at the moment and can take some more ignition but we're working from a baseline so won't be at peak hp right now, not long though ;)

thanks for the comments guys, appreciate it

Associate
OP
Gibbo said:
Hi there

Just thinking of the noise that thing makes when it starts up is putting shivers down my spine. What kind of 1/4 mile and terminal speeds are you getting? Well below 10s I'd imagine!

so far I've run a 10.83 lifting off at half track, this year we had problems with the magneto turning and retarding the ignition also every meeting has been rain effected, with all the problems now sorted we're looking around for 8s@160mph

[Robster] said:
Any chance of the second pic in desktop wallpaper sized proportions?

1600x1200... 1680x1050...

Pretty please :D :D

here ya go

thepedster said:
it's obviously rat look ;)

definitely looks the business, and 1000hp IIRC?

it's not got a passenger seat has it? DIBS!

fraid not mate! just about room for me

Last edited:
Associate
OP
course mate, again no problem

won't let me upload the 1680x1050 one at the mo but will post it when I can

*EDIT*

there ya go

Joe T said:
Looking forward to seeing that at Shaky or elsewhere. Keep us posted as to when you are taking it out. :)

will do, York on August 4th/5th is the next outing

Last edited:
Associate
OP
next time we fire her up I'll get someone to take a video, and will have videos from the burnouts, runs etc, and of course, they'll be posted here :cool:

few more pics and a full spec of the car on my Motors Forum Profile - see sig link

Associate
OP
JayMax said:
I don't know a lot of those manufacturers but still the spec list is giving me a twitch somewhere.

How much has this cost you do you reckon, just ballpark, not being nosey?

tricky to say as we've built it up over time, done quite a bit of work ourselves - for example its got about £1000 worth of paint on it, plus all the labour sanding, filling, flatting, and painting it would have probably cost about £5000 in all, but as my Dad runs an accident repair centre it didn't cost a penny

the motor we bought for £6000 but its had money spent on it since

as a rough figure, if you had it all built from the ground up I'd say in the region of £35,000-£40,000 but it hasn't cost us quite that much

Stellios said:
That thing mmust sound like the god of thunder :cool:

Absolutely stunning, mate. Should put it up againt gibbos stang and spies 997, just for laughs.

hehe its got a fat lumpy growl at idle but picks up and roars like only a naturally aspirated V8 can, I'd give it a go ;) let them get to 1/2 track before I launch.....

Back
Top Bottom