few pics of the race car

Associate
took her down to Shakespeare County Raceway this weekend but unfortunately rain put halt to any racing, so gave the new purple metal flake paint job a good coat of Meguiars and shot a few pics

motorpsycho1kh0.jpg

motorpsycho2vc1.jpg

motorpsycho3vi8.jpg

motorpsycho4te2.jpg

Soldato
Badgerpoo said:
Why are the intake trumpets random lengths and a bit wonkey? Isn't there an optimum length for maximum power?

:rolleyes: it's obviously rat look ;)

definitely looks the business, and 1000hp IIRC?

it's not got a passenger seat has it? DIBS!

Soldato
Badgerpoo said:
Why are the intake trumpets random lengths and a bit wonkey? Isn't there an optimum length for maximum power?

I *think* they are different lengths to even out the torque peak over a wider rev range.

A dragster would require a flatter torque curve than a race car as the dragsters performance is based upon hard acceleration over a long period, while a racer will require shorter periods of acceleration around a track.

If a race car only needs to accelerate for a few seconds before braking for the next corner a short maximum torque output is fine as you can use the gears to maximise time in that zone. However a dragster doesn't do corners and so needs to continue with maximum acceleration for the entire run, requiring that maximum torque across the entire rev range (or at least, as much of the range as possible) therefore it is a compromise of reducing the absolute peak torque that could be produced, but spreading the torque production over a wider range.

As I said... I think :D

Last edited:
Soldato
volospian said:
I *think* ...

I *think* someone had their weetabix this morning ;)

And yes, I've heard that about trumpet lenghts too, one long trumpet for a bit of tourque here, the next trumpet for a bit of torque there sort of thing, I also guess the lenght of the trumpets that look 'odd' must fit in with the firing sequence too, as in thats why they don't just get longer front to back for example, as the engine doesn't fire that way ?

Back
Top Bottom