Few upgrades

Hi and welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your mistake but I think one or two of us has been down that road in the past also!

Now, lets see what we can do to help you out with your other components.

Monitor
Might be worth if you let us know what Graphic Card you have in your machine so that it will be able to support the resolution on the monitors, but here we go!

I got a 19" monitor myself and I know what you mean with it being on the small side! Considering this 22" for myself, since I have heard good things about it from other members here.. the 22" HP W2207 Monitor, the price is around £229 but is not stocked by OCuK so can't give you a link.. here is a clicky for pictures of the HP W2207 [just scroll down a bit] and here is the features for the monitor..

Features:
  • Enjoy a brilliant and immersive widescreen viewing experience, thanks to this impressive 22-inch wide flat panel monitor with HP BrightView Technology which makes colours richer and pictures sharper
  • Thanks to its height adjustable foot and rotating screen, you can easily maximize your viewing area to most demanding needs, while enjoying superb image quality in 1680x1050 resolution, with 1000:1 contrast, and fast 5ms response time
  • A unique style and best in class ergonomics make it easy to adjust the monitor to work and play comfortably. You can also save space and personalize your monitor with Easy Clip by clipping on accessories connected to your 2-usb hub
  • My Display software and QuickView one-touch button will provide you with easy and convenient adjustment of your HP display performance, whether it is connected using its Digital (DVI input with HDCP) or Analog input
If you want to have a 24" Monitor, I, and probably many others, would suggest the Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP which sells for £487.61.. if you have the money, then go for it!

Keyboard
I would say that what one person find comfortable another person may find uncomfortable but if looking at sales [for 2005 at least!] is was the best seeling keyboard in the USA, according to Microsoft themself though! :rolleyes: Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
Though I must say that the Logitech Edge looks awesome but its much money to spend for a keyboard! :eek:

Mice
Once again, personal experience.. I have a Logitech myself which I love.. old though since its a combi Logitech LX 700 Keyboard and Mice.. If you like the Intellimouse, make sure you go down to a store that has it so you can try it out so to speak.. thats what I would do so it don't feel uncomfortable in your hand.

Mousemat
Hmm not had a mousemat for years! So I will leave this for someone else that know more about them! :p

Desk
You can either make your own desk, then you get what you want! ;) Or if you are after a corner desk, maybe this is something for you.. Corner Desk From Argos, Quite a few members seems to have bought this one lately.. there is more pictures of it in that same thread as the above link is from.

Chair
Got a £30 chair myself thats comfortable enough for me right now.. have been looking at others though, including the Herman Millers but unless I can find them a tad cheaper they are way out of my financial grasp! I am sure if keogh reads this post he will tell you more about it! [PS Just realized that the picture of the Corner Desk is posted by keogh and showing the Miller chair also! lol ]

Hope I might have been to some help for you in your quest to get some more comfortable components to go with your PC!

Cheers
Tom

Glad I could be of some assistants! :)

There is links in the above post for the desk but just realized if you click on the link in the corner for the rest of the thread it starts from start! :eek: I found where the first picture of the desk was posted.. http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17405978&page=52&pp=30 scrool down to post 1550 by Richierea and then go through the thread to the last page to find out more information about the desk.. plus more pictures!

I saw you been posting in the thread about Comfy Chairs, not sure if you saw the link to the Herman Miller site or not but here it is.. http://www.hermanmiller.com/CDA/SSA/Product/0,,a10-c440-p8,00.html That and the picture above with the desk is the only ones I have seen.. I am sure if doing a search will show more of them.. or if a user here has one they will show more of their chairs maybe!

For the keyboard the only picture I have is the one thats in the store.. maybe try the manufacturer's website?

Cheers
Tom

Back
Top Bottom