1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fibre nation

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by darrant1234, Oct 10, 2019.

1. darrant1234

Gangster

Hi, is any one using fibre nation? https://fibrenation.co.uk/

I've had a flyer through saying my street will be done soon so wondering about making the switch from sky fttc which has been great but 1gig would be nice and a little cheaper. comes via talk talk i believe.
    https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/ufo/broadband

If anyone has a similar connection what router do you use?

2. robj20

Sgarrista

You use the same router, you just have a new fiber master socket basically.

3. darrant1234

Gangster

i assumed there would be a fibre modem and then the router like the old FTTC setup from years ago. I've got a tp link vr2600 or something but i was thinking of a faster one with better wifi range

4. darrant1234

Gangster

Fttp install booked for next week. Roadworks were complete in December go live for Dewsbury was Tuesday last week. First person to order, don’t mind being Guinea pig but hopefully will go ok.

5. z10m

Hitman

Not every router can cope with NAT on 1Gig connection....
    And if you want to use QoS (not that you need it on 1Gig) or do some filtering you really want something with beefy CPU...

6. darrant1234

Gangster

See how talk talk hub does. Use a mesh WiFi so it’s only lan based

7. Avalon

Soldato

Any ISP offering gigabit, will offer a router capable of NAT at near line speed, anyone wanting to run any form of UTM/packet inspection also knows they aren’t going to do that on an consumer grade ISP supplier router.

8. darrant1234

Gangster

Well it’s in. Hitting 1gbps over Ethernet with 900 up. My archer vr900 can’t handle over 300mbps so having to use talk talk super hub for now.