Fibre Termination query

Soldato
OP
I think I paid about £400 a few years ago to have 24 terminations done across three patch panels, including the supply of the patch panels and pigtails and providing OTDR test results. No idea if that's in line with any sort of going rate but it seemed reasonable to me.
Thanks, sounds decent value tbh, for my small job I'd only need 8 terminations , trying to determine whether it's worth just purchasing pre-terminated armoured as the run will be going in a trench , for 140 metres it's circa £500 though.

Soldato
OP
On the plus side you can coil quite a lot of fibre in a small space. If you don't trust your fibre handling abilities then install tubing and get someone to blow the fibre in and do the termination.
Will be going in a trench within conduit , just really terminating I need , interestingly it's for robotic/automated milking parlour + cameras + devices .

Soldato
OP
You want an independent contractor, really any commercial company will be over £500 a day with some travel +VAT.

Youll find contractors will charge a couple of hundred, I'd expect ~£60 for termination materials maybe a little bit more. Pre-terms can be a pain in the ass, all holes need to be bigger to route the cable and connectors through.
Yes independent contractor was what I was thinking , for that cost it would work.

Back
Top Bottom