FIFA 18

Don
OP
Trouble with that team is, you'll be kicking yourself in the face when you lose to a 8k team with Musa & King running wild, brotha!

Happy with my mid-range frenchies for now, lining up a team around SOTW Perisic, IF Brozovik and a few others, but I know it'll be a nightmare.

Yeah, I don't think players matter thaaaaat much, the better players are just fun to use, I do think Icons stand out though. If you're really good at the game you will pretty much win with whatever team you use. Like you said, through ball to Musa and finishing is that easy he will score pretty much every time.

Soldato
Yep, sadly, I've gone with players I enjoy using this year than rather "uber/l33t/fotm/meta/whatever the current phrase is" players, and really don't like to be that guy using pace everywhere, I'd prefer to use a normal team I WANT rather than feel compelled to use to due the game's balance, and not win a game just cause all my guys were faster in a straight line!

Call me old fashioned... :p

Soldato
I should be up for a few tonight after 7pm(can't chat on the mic tho).
Bear in mind I have only played 5 games and using a starting team I'm not used to :p
PSN: jazodnem27.

Permabanned
I really like the look of the SBC Quincy Promes, not sure how much all the russian teams overall would set me back, though!
His normal card was one of the first players i got this year and i still use him off the bench. been a very good player for me.. better then dembele personally. The only player i prefer to him on the right so far was one to watch salah (i had until 85)

Soldato
Some one judge my starting 11 please, I can't see how I can improve it with out great pack openings myself

Countinho - Morata - Pedro
Deli Ali
Fabregas - Gundagan
Moreno - Mustafa - Otamendi - Clyne

Subs are, Lallana, Walcott, Mata, Sturridge, Arnatovic, Matip,

I can't remember rest lol I have reserves too all Premier based, most obvious change would maybe getting Ozil in?

Soldato
Alli sticks out like a sore thumb, get an Icon in there..
Also is that a 15m team? You should at least be trying to recoup some £ back on youtube with pack openings :p

Not sure on how much as Gullit & Co. change all the time, haven't opened any packs since that stream I did a month(?) back. No point now as all the icons have risen, from when R9 94 was 4 million, Gullit 1.8 mill etc etc.

Trouble with that team is, you'll be kicking yourself in the face when you lose to a 8k team with Musa & King running wild, brotha!
Happy with my mid-range frenchies for now, lining up a team around SOTW Perisic, IF Brozovik and a few others, but I know it'll be a nightmare.

Its so sweet when you come against a team with attributes cards on it in the final and Gullit scores 6 though ;)

Prime Henry, Rio and Carlos apparently dropping tonight

Don
OP
Some one judge my starting 11 please, I can't see how I can improve it with out great pack openings myself

Deli Ali
Fabregas - Gundagan

I can't remember rest lol I have reserves too all Premier based, most obvious change would maybe getting Ozil in?

You've gone for a lineup that would be good in real life, not in the game to be fair Mark.

Coutinho too slow for wing play so swap him for someone like Sane/Mane/Izquierdo.
Morata I would swap for Jesus.
Pedro, swap for Stirling/Bolasie.
Midfield go Gueye/Bakayoko
Defence is fine.
Ederson in goal

Last edited:
Associate

Deli Ali
Fabregas - Gundagan

Willian for Pedro?

Soldato
Pretty much - Unless you're a really patient (and good) player you can get away with passing the opposition to death.
Yeah I'm not very good haha I don't even always beat ai on pro difficulty in sqaud battles though half time I feel it's bs, ai last night had a team chem of 50 but pass accuracy 100% shot accuracy was 39% yet I lost and had 17 shots 11 on target with 79% accuracy

Soldato

Deli Ali
Fabregas - Gundagan

Son LW, Willian/Salah RW, probably Bakalolyoyo, Wanyama (love him) or Gueye for Fabregas, personally hated Moreno, Shaw was actually pretty solid, Alonso is good!

Associate
I disagree, I sold my decent team a few weeks ago for a team <20K and as I've mentioned I'd have to create several chances to score.

I am currently playing with a 1.2mil team and the goals come so much easier.

I've made a few investments for Leeds players and 84 rated in the hope they are needed for an SBC.

Soldato
I do have wanayama on my bench, I just find him slow to chase anything down

Really? Always been so planted for me, so strong, decent passing and unlike Bakayoko not utter trash when he finds himself infront of goal.

Willian's shooting I found awful. Salah is left footed and mega weak.
Makasua or whatever has never let me down at LB, looks trash but is good.

Willian has never really let me down on shooting, left footed finesse shots from him aren't great, but other than that i've found him great, one of my favourite players to use and so agile!

Permabanned
Right then....

Currently waiting for Fifa 18 to install having downloaded it last night in the PS store sale.

Didn't really play much of Ultimate Team last year and with all this talk of SBC and the gold weekly / gold monthly awards what's the best way to go about building a decent team then and am I best playing for the weekly/monthly rewards rather than the straight league setup?

Once I'm playing should have 1600 worth of FIFA points to buy packs with too which should give me a decent enough start I hope.

BPL the best league to start with?

Permabanned
Right then....

Currently waiting for Fifa 18 to install having downloaded it last night in the PS store sale.

Didn't really play much of Ultimate Team last year and with all this talk of SBC and the gold weekly / gold monthly awards what's the best way to go about building a decent team then and am I best playing for the weekly/monthly rewards rather than the straight league setup?

Once I'm playing should have 1600 worth of FIFA points to buy packs with too which should give me a decent enough start I hope.

BPL the best league to start with?

depends how you play really. Russian and italian leagues are cheap too.

I made a team on PS4 (I mainly play on xbox) for 41k and it's pretty decent

Back
Top Bottom