FIFA officially confirm dates for the 2022 World Cup (21st November - 18th December)

Caporegime
I don't know about a total boycott but countries should just all agree to send their under-21 teams. The world cup is at best a circus of football and whilst it's entertaining during the off season, it shouldn't be getting in the way of serious football.

Man of Honour
The temps are still too high to get a fair contest. I think this is one of the reasons this World Cup has been so good. The climate is nice and temperate. Suited everyone.

I dunno, looking at the stats it is a daily average of under 25C in Nov and under 20C in Dec. Even the average highs are under 30C in Nov and under 25C in Dec. The knockout games will all be played in December, a daily average of under 20C isn't what I would call that extreme in comparison to normal World Cups, if those temps are considered too high then we shoudn't be playing in Europe during July either.

Caporegime
Aren't the grounds going to have some crazy cooling systems in place though?

I'm sure when it was announced they won that they said there would be cooling in place.

I wonder how this will fit in with the new PL winter break as well, isn't that Jan/Feb time, so when will that season actually finish? I can see it being absolute murder for clubs.

Back
Top Bottom