Films you wish you'd seen earlier.

Man of Honour
I've watched quite a few films but for some reason I'd never watched Casablanca until today, bit of an error on my part I must admit. I'm not sure why but it just hadn't appealed particularly before, now I can see why it gets the plaudits it does, a truly fantastic film with exceptional performances, layers of detail and some of the greatest lines in cinematic history.

Does anyone else have any films they wish they'd watched before they did and if so can you give a bit of information about the film?

Soldato
I only recently watched One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. Great film that I'd intended to watch but just never got round to it.

Man of Honour
OP
Is that the one about the girl who tricks an online paedophile? - if so I thought it was mediocre.

Yep, it was, I think mediocre is slightly harsh. I just found it a little disappointing as I thought they could have done so much more given the subject matter. Although there was one particular scene that made every man in the room wince, if you've seen the film you know exactly which one.

I think I'm just going to have to set aside more time to watch some of the classics although they can be somewhat disappointing at times (cv watching Rashomon last night) they do offer a better chance of being worth the time than most newer films.

Soldato
For some reason Tarantino seems to pass me by with films, I only saw Pulp Fiction at the start of this year, watched Reservoir Dogs yesterday and haven't seen any Kill Bill's. Hmm...

Goodfellas is next on the list

Soldato
probably the terminator, i saw T2 first and i think if i saw them the other way around the begining of T2 would have been awesome.

Back
Top Bottom