Filtered water taps - anyone have one?

Associate
I use a counter top RO system by osmio. Change filters once a year and use it as an instant hot water/kettle. Not what you're looking for but they also do whole house systems. Other companies and solutions exist so you should be able to find a solution for your needs. Eg My mate has a small bin size unit in his utility where his water supply enters.

Soldato
I use a counter top RO system by osmio. Change filters once a year and use it as an instant hot water/kettle. Not what you're looking for but they also do whole house systems. Other companies and solutions exist so you should be able to find a solution for your needs. Eg My mate has a small bin size unit in his utility where his water supply enters.

Is that not a bit overkill?

Soldato
It's a legal requirement for water companies to test water.
I just put my postcode in and get all the results up, it's very comprehensive.
That tells you about the locally sampled water (six primary points of testing between the WTW and the final sample point) in your catchment, but it does not say anything about what may be picked up between that and what ultimately comes out of your tap.
Water companies may conduct domestic testing at individual properties under certain situations, but that's it. Unless the developer of your property installed impeccable pipework on the private side, you're likely to have something picked up along the way. This is why your water can still taste different to your neighbours'.

Associate
we have a whole house filter system. Seems to work well. It has two filter chambers, running in series, the first is a carbon filter, which removes (or reduces) chlorine, organic compounds, nitrates, etc., the second chamber is a TAC filter ('Scale Centurion') which reduces scale forming. It does not soften the water (i.e. remove calcium and magnesium ions), but it does reduce them forming limescale. I was a bit skeptical when we had it first installed, but after 5 years i can say it really does work. We have extremely hard water here and when we moved into the house everything had limescale all over it. Since installing the filter the new pipes and taps have no limescale. We get a bit around the sink on the black granite worktop, and the kettle still creates lots of limescale inside, but otherwise everywhere is pretty clean.
Carbon filter need changing every year and TAC filter every 2 years.

Soldato

Christ - that's identical to what I've got, but they've increased the price 1000%.

If you want it all, you can get the 3 stage version I've got.

Back
Top Bottom