Final Build Thoughts.

Associate
Hello,

I have made a couple of threads, and I think I have finally come to a decision before I place my order later today. The purpose of this build will be for streaming, and playing games at 720p over Twitch using XSplit.

I will not be upgrading my GPU, HDD, and DVD Drive, but these are as followed:

Point of View GeForce GTX 260 896MB GDDR3 TV-OutDual DVI
(PCI-Express) - Retai

SAMSUNG HD103UJ ATA Device (According to System Information)

Samsung SH-S222BB/RSMS 22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black/Silver/Biege) - Retail

I will be upgrading my CPU, Motherboard, and PSU along with some new RAM the upgrades are as followed:

YOUR BASKET
1 x Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (Ivybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor (77W) - Retail £184.99
1 x Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard £99.98
1 x PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Series 600W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular Power Supply £69.68
1 x Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (CMX8GX3M2A1600C9) £29.99
Total : £396.95 (includes shipping : £10.00).

I have been told that a XFX Pro 450W Core Edition '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply £43.99 would be good enough, but I feel there is a slight risk it will cause my CPU, and everything else to blow up.

Just looking at review of the PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Series 600W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular Power Supply over at JonnyGuru the following conclusion was given:

The Good:

+12V regulation is perfect
Ripple suppression is decent
All Japanese, 105°C rated Chemi-Con capacitors
80 Plus Bronze
Semi-modular
Great price
The Bad:

Only one cable with three connectors for peripheral power connectors

The Mediocre:

Loud 120mm Adda fan
Group regulated design lends itself to wacky crossload voltages
Non-primary rails' voltage regulation was below average

--------

Only one cable with three connectors for peripheral power connectors - could someone explain what is meant by this as I am not entirely sure what it would mean for my current build.

If you have any suggestions, and comments that would be brilliant.

Soldato
Why are you worried about the xfx PSU? The are a great brand and make high quality power supplies.

That statement is simple. It means one of the modular cables has 3 power connectors (for HDD's, SSD's and OD's). This is common with many sub £100 PSU's. I have the same and ots helpful if you have all 3 above each other. Only need 1 cable.

Associate
OP
Why are you worried about the xfx PSU? The are a great brand and make high quality power supplies.

That statement is simple. It means one of the modular cables has 3 power connectors (for HDD's, SSD's and OD's). This is common with many sub £100 PSU's. I have the same and ots helpful if you have all 3 above each other. Only need 1 cable.

Thanks - I was worried that I would not be able to power my graphics card as I know my current PSU has two connectors which are plugged into my GPU alone, and I was not sure what type of connections they're. Would this be an issue?

Caporegime
By peripheral power connectors they mean molex.

It has one cable with 3 molex power connectors on it.

It also has 6 SATA power connectors which I assume will be on another two cables.

Associate
By peripheral power connectors they mean molex.

It has one cable with 3 molex power connectors on it.

It also has 6 SATA power connectors which I assume will be on another two cables.

bang on the money

i've seen and held this PSU , looks and feels really nice, the PSU does have 1 cable with 3 molex off and then 2 more cables with 3 sata on each.

guy whos using it hasn't said anything bad about it and when we had it running at work it was not loud at all

but the psu will power all your componants fine.

Back
Top Bottom