1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Fantasy 7 tips

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Jamesdavid3, 12 Mar 2010.

1. Jamesdavid3

PermaBanned

Just started playing this again on my psp, first time in years

I cant remember how to play it at all, anyone got any good tips as im right at the start of the game.

2. Smit

Soldato

Might be worth spending a few hours just levelling up characters if you are finding it more difficult.

3. exhashdotdot

Wise Guy

Always keep enemy skill equipped!

4. Mobius 1

Capodecina

keep your characters on the back row to take less damage. you do less damage though on melee attacks.

5. Dutch Guy

Capodecina

I always put magic users and healers on the back row, never attackers.

6. KNiVES

Capodecina

If you want the game to start off easy, buy 3xcure and a fire, lightning and ice materia to spread across each member. Assign 'all' materia to lightning as a lot of the enemies you fight in Midgar are mechanical.

You can eventually begin to assign materia to each member that gives them unique roles, but it's useful to give each of them the basics, such as a healing spell and a damaging spell.

7. Mobius 1

Capodecina

my party usually consists of cloud, barrett and vincent, so i do keep all mine on the back row :p depends which characters you are using though.

another tip is, always remember to get big guard enemy skill from the beachplugs. it isn't obtainable until you get the hypnotise materia though (which cait sith has)

8. antijoke

Caporegime

Enemy skill > Midgar Zolom > Trine

Done.

:D

9. Mobius 1

Capodecina

all the enemy skills which do elemental damage to all foes are awesome, including aqualung, magic breath, trine and beta.

i highly recommend getting magic breath though!

10. Jamesdavid3

PermaBanned

how do you even get enemy skills? im about 1 hour into gameplay.

11. Dutch Guy

Capodecina

If you have the Enemy Skill Materia equipped and get hit with a spell, the character that is hit with that spell learns it and you can use it yourself.

12. HeadlessChicken

Wise Guy

Not quite. It's beta (better than trine IMO). Trine comes from Materia Keeper, quite a bit later in the game!

I always gain a few lvls in the 1st reactor, and virtually always have every character in "hyper" ;)