• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Final Fantasy XV DLSS Benchmark

Soldato

It might not come to the game but they had finished the Benchmark so are just putting it out there. It's a bit of a kick in the teeth if you can benchmark with it but not use it in game to boost fps. It's a bit like the old Bullseye show where if you lost they showed you what you could have won :D:D:D.

Soldato
OP
^Bullseye Lol:D

Settings:

dYW9LaZ.png

DLLS only runs@4K unless I've missed something but here is OcUk's first ever user DLSS result:

DLLS Off

zlPXiyu.png

DLSS On

Vl8tm8k.png

Note- with G-Sync on it's 36% faster-get this into games Nvidia, hands up time:o-I stand corrected, think it's going to take close up comparison shots to realistically see/notice a difference.

Associate
It might not come to the game but they had finished the Benchmark so are just putting it out there. It's a bit of a kick in the teeth if you can benchmark with it but not use it in game to boost fps. It's a bit like the old Bullseye show where if you lost they showed you what you could have won :D:D:D.
Iiiiiiin three: You thought the general quality of console games being ported to PC was improving immensely due to all the progress announced for FFXV, but no; your hopes are dashed once more.

And Bully's special prize!!!! You're not getting the Final Fantasy VII remake either.

Soldato
Iiiiiiin three: You thought the general quality of console games being ported to PC was improving immensely due to all the progress announced for FFXV, but no; your hopes are dashed once more.

And Bully's special prize!!!! You're not getting the Final Fantasy VII remake either.

Ohh don't be saying that, FF 7 remake is a day one must for me.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You're not getting the Final Fantasy VII remake either.
Yeah, don’t say that man. I am sure we will. It FF15 sold at least half a million on PC, I am sure that more than covers the cost of a port!

I am buying a PS5 day one anyway, so won’t miss out either way, but I would like FF7 remake in my steam library!

Soldato
This is very interesting.

I've just ran the benchmark on my 2080Ti with DLSS on and I can hand on heart say that I truly prefer the DLSS image over the native 4K one even though I know that it's rendering internally at a lower resolution.

And of course, the performance boost is more than significant...

Anyway, in Battlefield V I get around 40 FPS in 4K with RTX on (around 70+ at 1440p), so if DICE and other developers end up embracing DLSS as I think they should, then we could definitely end up seeing 4K 60fps + RTX in AAA games this generation.

While this still doesn't excuse the horrific price of the 2080Ti, in stark contrast to all the hate going around from the non 2080Ti adopters in the Battlefield V thread, I'm actually very surprised and impressed for such an early stage technology.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyway, in Battlefield V I get around 40 FPS in 4K with RTX on (around 70+ at 1440p), so if DICE and other developers end up embracing DLSS as I think they should, then we could definitely end up seeing 4K 60fps + RTX in AAA games this generation.
According to DICE they were hoping to have DLSS ready for the release of BF5.
This is the "other" feature that devs and NV need to get right and try to get into as many new games as possible. You can see the potential all of the 20 series have at 4K.
Shame the benchmark is only for 4K! Obviously that's where the benefit is the highest

Associate
Fully maxed settings at 4k DLSS enabled

Fully maxed at 4k DLSS Disabled - Roughly 25/30% gain with DLSS for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom