*Final FIFA 2008 League* - signup and opinions.

Don
Hey guys, I know the last league went pretty **** up last time towards the end and I hold my hands up for that, I was really busy with other stuff at the time and never had chance to administrate and chase people up and whatnot.
I'm going to be fully committed to this one, even so things went sour towards the end, the league was still a success in my eyes (I won it :D) and the majority of people played most of their games possible. As usual some people weren’t bothered and rarely played, which in turn affects everyone else.

The league table and info can still be found here:

http://ocuk.swychmedia.com/

if any newbies want to read about the last league, look here, you'll find a lot of useful information:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17845711&highlight=FIFA+username_LividLemon

I would imagine the same concept will be used as last time, teams drawn randomly from a certain star. Hopefully Rumple will help me again so he can sort this stuff out.

Let me know if you’re interested and we'll get the ball rolling.

I'll need to speak to Hencore also with regards to the website as he and swychmedia did an awesome job with that.

I did want to get a EURO2008 league going but there just wasn't enough interest as I think most people kept FIFA rather than going onto Euro so hopefully you'll all still have your copies. I still need to buy a new one.

I imagine this will be the last league before FIFA 2009 comes out so let's make it a good 'un!

Ta

Andy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Participating players

1)Andybtsn
2)Twinblade
3)Spikey
4)cookiem0nster
5)Fubsy
6)Dan7
7)andi
8)DavidQ
9)billdagreat
10)ee87
11)Lucifurr
12)hilly
13)TimBrad
14)Meloco
15)opet616
16)Anksy
17)Poppy
18)Rumple

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teams

1)Andybtsn - Birmingham
2)Twinblade - Boca Juniors
3)Spikey - PSG
4)cookiem0nster - Rsc Anderlecht
5)Fubsy - Olympiacos CF
6)Dan7 - Besiktas JK
7)andi - Feyenoord
8)DavidQ - Wolfsburg
9)billdagreat - Nice
10)lee87 - St Etienne
111)Lucifurr - Fulham
12)hilly - PSV
13)TimBrad - Auxerre
14)Meloco - Ajax
15)opet616 - Wigan
16)Anksy - R.C.D Mallorca
17)Poppy - Real Murcia CF
18)Rumple - Cruz Azul

Match Rules & Info

League Name: OcUK League 2
Abbreviation: ocuk3
Password: Winner

Joining the League

Load FIFA 08 up > Xbox Live > Online Leagues > Search Leagues > Click on League name or Abbreviation > Input above Name and Password > Choose your allocated team > DONE!

Playing matches

Once you've joined the league your presented with a basic table. This is where you will play you matches, the simple scenario is seeing an opposition online (So YES or NO) click on their name and "Invite to League Match". NOTE: No one wants to be pestered with invites whilst playing matches so if you press LB on your pad it will bring up the users gamercard and tell you what they're doing. If it says they're in a match, wait for them to finish.
Also if you scroll across to the right on a certain player, "Games Left" will have either a - or a 1 next to it, - means your yet to play the person, 1 means you need to play them. Don't be afraid to try inviting someone to a match you think you've played, the league will not let the game go a head if you've played them already.

Once match is finished

Although we use the FIFA league online we also record results on here and have our own table (soon to be setup) PLEASE INPUT YOUR SCORES IN A RED FONT COLOUR ONCE YOU;VE FINISHED A GAME, ONLY ONE OF YOU NEED TO DO IT. I have to record all results and it isn't easy so please help me out a bit by remembering to do it!

E.G

Andybtsn 9 - 0 Timbrad

Simple ;)

Minimum matches played/week

The OcUK League 3 will run for 2 weeks with a quota of games per week to be completed as follows:

Week 1: 28th June - 5th July : 8 games
Week 2: 5th July - 12th July : 8 games

That's it! Remember to have a bit of banter on here, and most of all, have fun! Any questions, just ask...

Last edited:
Aye, no problems.

I really enjoyed one big league as the main reason I want to organise this is again is that I want to play loads of matches, not bothered if I win or not I just enjoy the games. I played over 28 games last time and it was great.

And me.

I think the problem with the old league was that it was too big, and the people (like me) who couldn't play the first weekend where at least half of the table played each other, were always playing catch up.

To be fair dude, you had plenty of opportunites to play but you never seemed to be online, or you had band commitments IIRC?

I can add you but I don't want the same happening really, apart from two people you played the least number of games.

The league was that big to stop there being problems with playing people, with 31 people in the league there was always someone to play.

are there going to be deadlines for certain amounts of games again? i think that was a good idea.

isnt there an achievement for finishing one of these leagues too? the last 2 i was in never got finished :/

A deadline will probably be put in place but to be fair last time the majority were all well organised and played there games without having to be chased up, just the small minority let us down. We don't have implement such rules if people can just commit to playing there games. It isn't rocket science really.

The 2 leagues never got finished no because of people not finishing their games for whatever reason. I'll probably bet on the same happening with this one but you can only try...

Gonna close signups Wednesday, I hope I have the game by then! I should be able to borrow it, a few mates have it.

I've added you Meloco.

Twinblade is going to administrate the league with me.

Does anyone have an issue using and being allocated random teams? Depending on the final number of players determines which star teams we have. Would be a nice change to get away from the 3 star teams we've had previously.

I have no issues with the random team job again, it seemed to work well last time and seems to be the fairest way to do things.

If we set the signup deadline to 5pm on Wednesday then we can go about getting the teams sorted and allocated ready for a potential Friday/Saturday start?

Sounds good to me.

It will give us enough time to sort the website out with Hencore etc

I'd like to join but I'm a total newbie to leagues, I've never done one before...

Read my OP and see the link to the last league mate, should have a lot of useful info there. I will copy a lot of that info the main post here.

I'm slightly worried about the newbies wanting to take part :D I hope they know what they're comitting too!!

What sort of commitment does it entail?

Being on their Xbox 360 enough to be able to play games, being able to communicate with other players, be it on here or on Live.

Depending on the number of players you will need to commit to playing that amount of games.

It really doesn't sound like much to commit too but people really struggle and it ruins it for everyone else.

I'll take another look this evening.

Did have them written down the other day when you made your bold request above, but threw the sheet away when you told me not to bother (staff, cant get them these days :p).

If your stuck for choice, I am sure in our previous thread the 3 1/2* teams were all listed, so we could just steal those.

Ha ha! Yeah I may just use them...thanks

Will do draw this afternoon, unless you want too? :)

I know I am not involved in this league due to holiday. Also I am new to Fifa online (having previously played pro evo online until pes2008) but do the squad ratings change? As I know when I go online it tells me to update the squad lists

They did change after the January transfer window (updated all transfers etc) it shouldn't ask you everytime though...

TEAMS DRAWN!

1)Andybtsn - Birmingham
2)Twinblade - Boca Juniors
3)Spikey - PSG
4)cookiem0nster - Rsc Anderlecht
5)Fubsy - Olympiacos CF
6)Dan7 - Besiktas JK
7)andi - Feyenoord
8)DavidQ - Wolfsburg
9)billdagreat - Nice
10)lee87 - St Etienne
11)Lucifurr - Fulham
12)hilly - PSV
13)utajoker - Hertha bsc
14)TimBrad - Auxerre
15)Meloco - Ajax
16)opet616 - Wigan
17)Anksy - R.C.D Mallorca

I'll setup the league shortly and add the details to the original post :)

League details added and info added to original post! Get signing up!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom