Final Spec Check!

Associate
OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC2-8500 1066MHz SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel DDR2
Asus Maximus Formula Intel X38 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 "Energy Efficient SLACR 95W Edition" 2.40GHz
Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 Sound Card
Dell Ultrasharp 3007WFP-HC 30" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Midnight Grey
Razer Lachesis Ice White 4000dpi High Precision Gaming Mouse - Retail
Asus Arctic Square CPU Cooler (Socket 754/939/940/AM2/LGA775)
Zalman GT1000 Z-Machine Black PC Case

£1,838.71

I currently have two Raptor X's and a BFG8800GTS (640MB) so no hard drives or graphics cards are neccessary, so i just thought i would check with you guys whether this sounds good or whether different parts should have been chosen?

Cheers

Soldato
Right now i have them in Raid 0, they are fantastic as far as speed goes but they can be a tad noisy at times!

I see. I'm hoping to go 2x/3x Raptor X's in raid0 for my new build. Would need to have plenty of sound dampening though. (i.e Sitting outside on my roof)

I'd love to get a 30" Dell. I have a 2407 and it's great.

Associate
OP
I see. I'm hoping to go 2x/3x Raptor X's in raid0 for my new build. Would need to have plenty of sound dampening though. (i.e Sitting outside on my roof)

I'd love to get a 30" Dell. I have a 2407 and it's great.

Well i decided i dont work hard for no reason, and as i am still living at home i thought i'd treat myself to one, i spend enough time at the computer i'd may as well be fully immersed, haha :)

Bank Manager may not approve though :)

Edit -- Will be a slight upgrade from my Dell 2001 20in ^^

Soldato
It certainly will be. I upgraded from two 226bw's and I'd have the Dell every single time. It just screams quality, from the panel and stand, to the amount of connections.

Every time someone on here mentions a 30inch Dell, I always consider getting one. Although you would need a brute of a machine to run it for gaming. That and a fear of a dead pixel or two.

(hope I'm not clogging up your thread)

Soldato
I hate all you guys who live at home and have no wife / home to drain your dosh away.

Anyone know how to fake your own death and get away with it ???????

LOL

Associate
OP
It certainly will be. I upgraded from two 226bw's and I'd have the Dell every single time. It just screams quality, from the panel and stand, to the amount of connections.

Every time someone on here mentions a 30inch Dell, I always consider getting one. Although you would need a brute of a machine to run it for gaming. That and a fear of a dead pixel or two.

(hope I'm not clogging up your thread)

Not clogging up my thread at all, its fine :)

I've wanted one from when they were released (When it wasn financially possible for me!) and now i can afford to..

Dont mention dead pixels though, that would be just my luck :)

Back
Top Bottom