Finally: andi's new car! (56k) - now with updated pics

Soldato
Arc said:
Unfortunately the Sports will always attract a level of critisim due to the low power output at the wheels etc etc blah blah.

That's true... but for a first car you can hardly complain. Most people start off with a 1.1 Fiesta or something.

Liverpool-Lad said:
OK, I *think* we know what it looks like by now.

Go easy on the guy. :) Have you seen how many pictures I've posted of my Rovers? :p :D

andi said:
Pants power, but it makes up for it in the fun department

Wait 'till I get my polybushes and strut braces! Then I'll have you in the twisties ;)

Associate
andi said:
at the end of the day, I walk out the front door, see it parked on the drive and think "wow, thats gorgeous, and its all mine, and I cannot wait to drive it".

I don't think I'd get that with a Mondeo, or an Omega, or a 1.6 Focus, or anything else I considered. Whether they were faster or not, it'd just be a nice car. My Impreza is something special to me.

And thats what its all about. No one is saying its a perfect car but as a first car its great. Once he racks up some NCB then im sure he'll think about getting a WRX or something, but for now I think its a bloody good looking car, i'm sure its great fun to drive and I'd have one of those over my car any day!

Arc

Arc

Associate
agw_01 said:
That's true... but for a first car you can hardly complain. Most people start off with a 1.1 Fiesta or something.

Which is why I acknowledged that in the first sentance of my previous post ;).

Soldato
PeterNem said:
I'm guessing Chenko sold his then? (I haven't heard anything mentioned about it for about 2 years, so I'm probably miles behind the times!)

Scoob is still in my possesion :p although as fox said, I do have the FTO too.

Soldato
OP
agw_01 said:
Wait 'till I get my polybushes and strut braces! Then I'll have you in the twisties ;)

Till I stick some springs and a rear ARB on ;)

You been up on those roads recently? The first sweeping NSL off the motorways been covered in loose chippings, any more than about 25mph and you get battered with stones :(

Soldato
There is an MY01 Classic, and its called the Sport Special. Though I am pretty sure there are loads of other classic shape 01s about.

Caporegime
the "model year" term is used to denote changes to the car

there were no changes in 2001 from those made in 2000.

thus its the same model year

but a 2001 car. Just because it was registered in '01 doesnt make it an MY01

how can you have 2 cars both MY01 and both different ?

Soldato
Lovely car mate keep posting pictures as thats what motors is all about, i do agree that its a bit mondeo focus bonkers in here, but im sure u love it.

Man of Honour
MrLOL said:
but a 2001 car. Just because it was registered in '01 doesnt make it an MY01

At least it's actually a 2001 car - he's not as bad as 75% of people on American car forums who are convinced buying a car gives you next years car.

Just check all the BMW forums over there and see how many people claim to have a 2007 330i and what have you.

Soldato
Take a look at www.imprezasport.net if you want a sport dedicated forum. Much better than scoobynet, well, anything is better than scoobynet (even if you own a turbo).

Phil W said:
BK299's in gold for the win :D

Gold doesn't work that well on the Mica Red imo. I have seen black on them which goes ok, though I still think that silver alloys are the best colour for it.

Anyways, if you want some gold prodrive speedlines I have a set here :p

Soldato
OP
Am a member of Imprezasport already :)

As for wheel colour, really not sure. I quite like Gold though, not into dark wheels, although MadDog's look good with the polished lip.

25769fcd07a492f9d7e6ed2abeaae466.jpg

garage.jpg

Back
Top Bottom