finally got a vga cable

Associate
OP
wyrdo said:
You'll need to get yourself a gender changer for the end connecting to your monitor cable. They're only a couple of quid and a quick search on Google will help as the place I had put appears to be a competitor as it got starred out :confused:

Edit: This sorta thing http://www.homestead.co.uk/productcategorydetail.aspx?CategoryID=51285&onspecialoffer=False

:( why lol, why couldnt they make it go to the cable straight away, and where i connect the sound, i have surroundsoud for pc but dont know where to connect

Soldato
he is in the same boat as me, my monitor has a fixed cable so i had to buy a gender changer, if u get the official microsoft one u get the adapter with it, its just the 3rd party ones you don't.

My old monitor for example didn't have a fixed cable and i could have plugged it straight in the back of it.

The sound side i had too buy a little adapter that split the 2 phono connectors into a normal 3.5 stereo adapter that you would use in your soundcard for example, luckily my woofer had a spare input, the other way is to get a optical cable if u got it on the pc etc, to give true 5.1 surround.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Jabbs said:
he is in the same boat as me, my monitor has a fixed cable so i had to buy a gender changer, if u get the official microsoft one u get the adapter with it, its just the 3rd party ones you don't.

My old monitor for example didn't have a fixed cable and i could have plugged it straight in the back of it.

The sound side i had too buy a little adapter that split the 2 phono connectors into a normal 3.5 stereo adapter that you would use in your soundcard for example, luckily my woofer had a spare input, the other way is to get a optical cable if u got it on the pc etc, to give true 5.1 surround.

where can i get one of those sound adapter things? or is it a competitor again?

Soldato
nickels said:
where can i get one of those sound adapter things? or is it a competitor again?

i just went too a small tv shop for the audio part it cost £2, place where u can buy accesories ie cables etc, i imagine anywhere that sells audio stuff will have them too.

Sound1.jpg

Sound2.jpg

either of those will do it i got the top one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom