• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Finally install my 1080ti.... no fans or display

Associate
So I built myself a little gaming PC, finally got round to unboxing my 1080ti and installing.

No display, fans not spinning, but the LED's light up.

Nothing in device manager at all, looks like it might be dead.

Not worked in 2 different motherboards, different slots etc.

Time to RMA it? I've done all the usual checks (been building for 15+ years) - have my own mining rig, PC for 3d rendering and playing at 4k, HTPC etc so I know what to usually look for.

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11G - bought from here, 1st GFX card I've had DOA in my life if this is the case!

Soldato
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11G - bought from here, 1st GFX card I've had DOA in my life if this is the case!

Is the motherboard BIOS up to date?

Have you tried it in a really old motherboard?

BTW my first GPU from OCUK - a Nvidia Maxwell Titan X - failed almost immediately.

Soldato
Hopefully stupid questions, but just to be sure:

Have you tried a different video cable?
Have you checked that the monitor is set to that input?

Associate
OP
Yeah, tried everything.

I get the Geforce LED lights, but nothing in windows to show its being recognised.

MSI, Device manager etc nothing, changed the power and slot its in.

Do I RMA it to Gigabyte or contact OCUK, its a month old or so.

Associate
So I built myself a little gaming PC, finally got round to unboxing my 1080ti and installing.

No display, fans not spinning, but the LED's light up.

Nothing in device manager at all, looks like it might be dead.

Not worked in 2 different motherboards, different slots etc.

Time to RMA it? I've done all the usual checks (been building for 15+ years) - have my own mining rig, PC for 3d rendering and playing at 4k, HTPC etc so I know what to usually look for.

You have plugged the 8 pin power connectors into the board haven't you?

Back
Top Bottom