Finally update to iOS6?

Soldato
Hey guys,

I see Google have finally gotten a standalone maps app up on the App Store. My 4S is starting to show its age a bit in terms of battery life and just generally chugging (I'm still on iOS5) – do you reckon its worth finally upgrading to iOS6?

A few apps I use are now only providing iOS6 updates.

Any other performance/non-map issues with iOS6?

Thanks!

Soldato
Can't download single songs, or delete single songs anymore.

Taken from another forum:

You cannot swipe delete an individual song from your iPhone
You cannot swipe delete an entire album from your iPhone
You cannot download an individual track from an album, only the entire album
When 'Show all music' is selected, you cannot tell which songs / albums are stored on your phone as it shows them all with no indication of whether they're stored locally or in the cloud.

The impacts of all of this are:

Once you have downloaded music to your iPhone, you can no longer delete it. Which means that eventually your iPhone will be full.
You cannot decide to download just the tracks you want to listen to from an album any more. It's the whole thing or nothing.

I havent checked in a while, but I assume you still can't do any of the above?

Soldato
What's the deal on Wifi issues? What scares me most about iOS6 were the reports of people (mainly 4S users which is what I have) with totally non-functional Wifi after the update and requiring a replacement phone!

Soldato
I had quite a lot of issues when I moved to iOS6 on my iPhone 4, maps of course being the main one and then a host of WIFI connection issues. It was enough to turn me to the Android side of things.

My iPad 3 however runs 6.0 at present and I do have WIFI issues on that too but it isn't as frequent. I would be browsing away when suddenly I cannot access anything even though it is connected to the router and my other connected devices are accessing the net fine.

I just wish I hadn't upgraded from iOS 5 full stop.

Permabanned
My iPad 3 however runs 6.0 at present and I do have WIFI issues on that too but it isn't as frequent. I would be browsing away when suddenly I cannot access anything even though it is connected to the router and my other connected devices are accessing the net fine.

Are you using a BT home Hub?

Soldato
Have 6.0.1 on my iPad3 and it's fine, no problems at all. Just scared witless about putting it on the iPhone - think I'll stay on 5.1.1 for a while.

Associate
We have quite a number of iOS devices in the office and haven't seen any issues with wifi or even much in the way of performance issues (the 3GS we have still chugs through iOS 6 OK, probably not as well as previous versions but still very usable). Maybe it's because the devices are clean except for development builds of apps we are working on.

To be honest I was surprised there was an update to fix wifi problems with the iPhone 5, I hadn't seen any at all and I'm using it all day every day.

You have nothing to worry about with iOS 6, google has replaced the only shortcomings of it with the new YouTube and Maps apps.

Back
Top Bottom