• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Finally Vista 8800 Series 100.65 WHQL Drivers

anyone have this problem
badnvidiaxf0.jpg

its only on the 32-bit version

I can see you used IE7, is it?? try Firefox 2 and press IE Tab in bottom/right side so it will change to IE in Firefox 2 that work prefer in me site.. i dont see any problems... try at your work to see if it work ok- if so then download the driver and save in your USB pen drive or email over to your home email address.

I only used Firefox2 as it work excellent in my Vista Ultimate x64...

PS: I heard the news that AMD is about to take off ATI logo very soon that mean it wont be ATi logo in any new card as it will be AMD logo also replace the colour from red to black/green/yellow... that will be between AMD and Nvidia to build up new card in the future as ATi wont be there anymore as it same as Seagate bought Maxtor as Maxtor logo will take off from 1st Jan 2008 and will under name of Seagate.

Last edited:
They're more than playable, but still a bit slower for the most part.

Switched from x86 to x64 this week - image quality was definately better on the x86 driver.

Is it just me or is the fixed in 100.65 section in the release notes worryingly small.

"Fixed Issues–Windows Vista 32-bit
• NVIDIA Control Panel: Application profiles do not work properly on
systems with multiple user accounts
• GeForce 7 Series: 1080i overlay playback quality is poor on 1080i
devices."

Is that it?!?!?!

zytok said:
Is it just me or is the fixed in 100.65 section in the release notes worryingly small.

"Fixed Issues–Windows Vista 32-bit
• NVIDIA Control Panel: Application profiles do not work properly on
systems with multiple user accounts
• GeForce 7 Series: 1080i overlay playback quality is poor on 1080i
devices."

Is that it?!?!?!

Pretty much. It's not surprising really since it's only about a week since the last release! The main feature is that they are finally WHQL'd.

and that's really that important? OK, it's good that MS have said that the drivers are of sufficient ability/quality to get their stamp of approval but it seems like they still have a long way to go in optimising them. I don't know how difficult it is to write drivers for vista but I'm still surprised that it's taking nVidia so long to come out with something that at least is on a par with XP performance/features bearing in mind how long they must have had.

zytok said:
and that's really that important? OK, it's good that MS have said that the drivers are of sufficient ability/quality to get their stamp of approval but it seems like they still have a long way to go in optimising them. I don't know how difficult it is to write drivers for vista but I'm still surprised that it's taking nVidia so long to come out with something that at least is on a par with XP performance/features bearing in mind how long they must have had.

Indeed mate, I have also experienced my fair share of frustrations with the lack of proper drivers that work well and it really is not excusable! However, I have read that it is kinda complicated to develop Vista display drivers... or at least that's the excuse that NV gave.

WHQL status is important though, at least to system integrators like Dell so that they can actually sell Vista systems with NV cards in them, but to guys like us it's no biggie... though it is a step in the right direction!

These drivers suck just like the rest, they only give good 3dmark scores

Id rather have the game performance than a good 3dmark, nvidia need a slap.

WHQL...So what :/

Hi , can someone tell me if 8800gtx has proper sli support with the latest drivers in xp ? as i have dual booted with vista and i am thinking if i buy another card at least i will be able to use it with xp if vista is a bit dodgy still

Back
Top Bottom