Find me something to do

Soldato
take them to digger land! and then to the national coal mining museum. After going to the coal mining museum, they will never ever want you to take them on any trips again. Lap up all the football and golf you could possibly want after this weekend

Man of Honour
OP
Hmmm.

Watch ashes today, play footy tonight, watch rugby league after footy, up early for a game of golf and convince the mrs that taking a 2 year old and a 5 year old (and the laziest 9yo you ever met) round the 3 peaks is a good idea.

Man of Honour
OP
I'll be busy whatever, but it'd be nice to do what I want to do first.

I can understand her wanting to go Friday night, because she actually enjoys camping.

Man of Honour
OP
This weekend promised everything. Wall to wall sport. A game of footy tonight, a game of golf tomorrow, ashes all weekend, first weekend of Football League, superleague to watch...

Soldato
Got a garden with an area that could use doing up a bit? Allocate it to the kids, and get them to dig it up and plant their choice of plants/fruit/veg. Could give them a nice project, and gets them out of the house/away from the TV for a bit :)

Man of Honour
Why not some day trips around Yorkshire? Head into Leeds and visit the Royal Armouries, then some shopping and lunch/tea. Go to York and visit the Dungeon and Castle. You'd at least be home in the evenings to watch the footy and cricket highlights.

Associate
Couple of other alternatives if the weather is decent:

Last weekend we spent the morning at Brimham rocks, then the afternoon at Bolton Abbey (not in Bolton :)). Bolton Abbey was really really good, with a manmade beach there, clear lake for paddling in, stepping stones (well, wood blocks) - boys had an immense time.

Back
Top Bottom