Firefox Opening on Startup

Soldato
I have the latest version installed (61.0.2 64 bit) and for the last couple of days FF has been opening when I boot my machine up. The page it shows is the Windows 10 Help page. It's not in the start menu and my homepage has not been changed. I've run Malwarebytes and done a virus scan but these come up clean. I've installed no new addons either. Not really a big thing but an annoyance. Anyone got any ideas what's causing this?

Soldato
OP
I did a fresh install not long ago and all was well until this morning. Booted up and FF starts straight away with the Windows 10 Help page. FF was closed down last night when I turned my PC off and there's nothing in the start up menu, checked event viewer and no crashes either. Not the end of the world but annoying and I would like to know what's causing it.

Associate
Sometimes I inadvertently click the help ? icon in file explorer instead of X to close the window. If I do this, Firefox is certain to automatically open on the Win10 help page the next time I reboot the system . . .no idea why though.

Back
Top Bottom