Firefox to chrome move, need help with some things like plugins and stuff (ocuk black theme too)

Soldato
Hey all.

Looking for a way to use the black theme for the forums that i had with firefox that works on chrome, let me know if its possible as i dont think i can manage the blue after using dark theme for so long with custom icons and such.

Lookin for a plugin to use gestures, i used click and drag diagonal to zoom in and out of pages or when used over images it would zoom just the image. What can i get on chrome for this.

How do i customize the UI of chrome, i want to see if i can get firefox layout on to chromes top bars, like file, edit, bookmarks forward and back etc. As one thing i dont like about chrome is its too minimal and a lot of the stuff u click on that wrench thing which i dont want to rely on.

Gotta go but ill add more when i can as some more things i need i think.

Soldato
OP
Got a lot of stuff sorted so far, ocuk theme sorted, mouse gestures kinda sorted, bookmarks sorted kinda tho i want a bookmarks button like firefox where it has bookmark page, organize bookmarks etc along with a list of bookmarks that i imported from ff. Anyone know let me know plz.

Image zoom im really missing from ff as i am so reliant on right button and zooming in or out a image with scroll wheel which is so easy and quick to do but i cant find any extension to do this in chrome. Please help me find one where i can quickly and easily with mouse only to zoom in and out of any image on a webpage.

Found a nice zoom site extension tho called zoomy which makes sites fit widescreen monitors quite nicely with good spacings. Tho would have loved to find a extension like i had with ff which i could click near top of screen and choose a level of zoom or right click on the box showing zoom to switch to text only zoom which didnt touch images so they stayed nice and original size but the txt could be bigger (helps a lot when lying in bed to read stuff on the screen from far away).

I dont like the tabs right at the top of the screen i much would rather them be like firefox and be below the menus or bookmarks bars at the top of the screen i.e just above where the content of a webpage is. Any tips on getting that sorted as well would be nice.

I need the address bar split into an address bar/search bar like i had in firefox and somit where i can use my search engines i imported from firefox. Tried "search box" but its not picking up the search engines i had from ff tho chrome does have them stored. So this plugin I dont think will work out in the end.

Oh and scrolling in chrome is juttery and slow compared to firefox, what can i do it make it nice and zippy like i have in ff. I.e take smooth scrolling or whatever off.

Soldato
OP
Just chrome is quicker than ff in some cases. Videos seem to cause freezes of the browser in ff when on utube and got sick of it as probably the cause of the move. Buffering also seems less problematic in chrome than ff. Maybe i could have fixed it but tbh its a good opertunity to really give chrome a try as ppl seem to like it a lot. Still like firefox but the problem of causing freezing of the browser when on utube and maybe other streaming sites and stuff tho cant remember exactly was annoying me. Tried fixing it and finding cause disabled plugins and stuff best i could. Maybe a total clean install of ff would fix it i dunno. Might try that if chrome doesnt work out.

Back
Top Bottom