Firefox

Associate
Just downloaded and started using firefox, this is the first time ive ever used anything besides microsoft internet explorer before and i have to admit it is refreshing to use firefox and im loving the tabs thing!!! :D

Associate
ashmanq said:
Just downloaded and started using firefox, this is the first time ive ever used anything besides microsoft internet explorer before and i have to admit it is refreshing to use firefox and im loving the tabs thing!!! :D
You'll never go back to IE :p

Soldato
I never got the big advantage of the tabbed browsing, as I tend to like alt-tab'ing between windows....

But that being said, I still use firefox almost exclusively :)

Soldato
div0 said:
I never got the big advantage of the tabbed browsing, as I tend to like alt-tab'ing between windows....

But that being said, I still use firefox almost exclusively :)
Just Ctrl Tab through them instead.

I'll probably go back to IE when IE7's released. There's not a huge amount of difference in functionality between FF and IE7, except 99% of all sites work in IE.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
What memory issue? with 2 tabs open FF uses 31MB for me atm that's with 20 extensions enabled and the default theme. It uses more based on the content of the tabs being viewed but in todays world tens of MB of memory usage is nothing, unless you have less than 1gb of ram...

Soldato
the best bit about firefox is the the cookie manager, you can set it to always save your log ins for forums etc. but when you close the browser all other cookies inc. spyware trackers are deleted, I've not had any spyware for months since enabling this :p

Man of Honour
james.miller said:
the issue where it gobbles up memory, nad has done for ages now. i still use firefox, but i totally recognise there is a huge issue with memory.

Totally. It doesn't help that I use about 12-15 tabs at once. I'm so lazy when I want things to load up/appear. *do it!! do it now :D*

Soldato
I went back to IE (albeit the IE 7 beta) after using Firefox for quite some time, it began to generally annoy me. IE 7 is speedier.

Associate
james.miller said:
the issue where it gobbles up memory, nad has done for ages now. i still use firefox, but i totally recognise there is a huge issue with memory.
Indeed... just checked and mines registering at 74,000+ K ... which is bothering me now because it never used to be that high and it's frankly ridiculous...
Need to look into it.

Soldato
csmager said:
Just Ctrl Tab through them instead.

I'll probably go back to IE when IE7's released. There's not a huge amount of difference in functionality between FF and IE7, except 99% of all sites work in IE.
What about the enormous number of extensions available for FF though?

Soldato
Inquisitor said:
What about the enormous number of extensions available for FF though?
I don't use too many. Adblock & Mouse Gestures are the only two I really like, but I've found others that will do the same for IE.

Back
Top Bottom