• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Firestrike Standard Bench.

Update :)

CPU: 4790k @4.0
GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW @ 2114MHz on air
Drivers: 372.90

Score: 17 427
GFX: 24 427
Physics: 11 571
Combined: 7 292

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/10412482

Nice should get that cpu to 4.3 as you are missing out on 1k physics we have nearly the same rig too and driver but i just get u by a whisker nearly broke 25k on the GFX. Your drivers are fine btw everything looks good!

Nice should get that cpu to 4.3 as you are missing out on 1k physics we have nearly the same rig too and driver but i just get u by a whisker nearly broke 25k on the GFX. Your drivers are fine btw everything looks good!

Thanks mate. I'd love to overlock my cpu but have never done it so don't know where to start. My gpu clock was just a very quick one to boost it up a bit, reckon I can get more out of it easy :)

I was on the latest drivers but that made fh3 run worse so I completely removed all of those and did a fresh install to these drivers and ran a benchmark to check all was ok. Then ran my best score ever!

Last edited:
Thanks mate. I'd love to overlock my cpu but have never done it so don't know where to start. My gpu clock was just a very quick one to boost it up a bit, reckon I can get more out of it easy :)

I was on the latest drivers but that made fh3 run worse so I completely removed all of those and did a fresh install to these drivers and ran a benchmark to check all was ok. Then ran my best score ever!

Just google overclocking 4790K it is simple go into the bios reset everything to optimized defaults and set it up. Then once done simply change the multiplier from 40 to 42 then 43 44 each time rising the cpu up to 4000 4200 4300 4400. If it becomes unstable simply google a good voltage but i remember only needing to touch two on my 4770k. Most important is VRIN 1.2 and my 4770k has a max voltage of 1.25000v so i would stay around 1.2v on each and 4300 as a good start.

Though you can actually do this with core and uncore on that platform i overclock both in sync most do not. You can tell uncoe by using CPUZ and looking at Northbridge frequency in the memory tab is it?

Last edited:
Hey lads, its been a while.

I managed to push a little more out of my aging 290, not a very competitive score but whatever. It has served me well to say the least. Also managed to get a very decent 5820k.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/10336652

Score: 13885
GFX: 15578
Physics: 19146
Combined: 6236

R9 290 @ 1288/1590
I7 5820k @ 4.9GHz

Last edited:
Both the 295x2 and the especially the Nano were good. (1140 core on a Nano!!)
And I believe if can keep temps bellow 32C, the 2202 core will be stable and not throttle to 2190. But alas a single Predator isn't enough so getting 34-36C when benching. Need to go to custom loop.

Yeah I notice mine drops at around 30C so keeping it below there helps.

Also I have lost 13hz with the latest drivers, might roll back for benching.

Don't worry about MHz if the performance is still there.

GPUs can gain MHz if they are not running efficiently.

It is not unusual to see performance increases and MHz decreases with better drivers.

Score 18349

AMD Radeon RX 480(2x) @1303/2000

Intel Core [email protected]

Graphics Score 26530

Physics Score 12798

Combined Score 6893

Drivers 16.10.2

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/15597556

That's my new system, having a bit of a time with my GFX cards still, I think one is significantly hotter than the other. I can't seem to run TimeSpy if you have any ideas Kaap? It just crashes straight away, maybe it's the hotfix 10.2 drivers?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom