• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Firestrike Ultra 4K Bench.

Soldato
I'm going to throw my dummy out the pram. I ran the time spy bench earlier (wrong thread I know but still relevant) and whilst my 1080 was in the top 3-4 for gpu performance given I 'only' have 4790k @ 4.8 my CPU score was lacking thus my overall score (which these are considered on was somewhat down the pack.

Given this is the graphics forum quite a few weaker gpus are propped up with 6-8 core cpu's somewhat skewing the results imho!

Man of Honour
OP
I really don't think this test is relevant anymore. For example, my 1070 just edges my old 970 and is below my old 980ti. In games however, there is a huge difference.

I think you must be doing something wrong with your 1070 as it should thrash a 970 on this bench.

Post your best 970 result and I will see how it compares to my 1070.:)

Caporegime
I think you must be doing something wrong with your 1070 as it should thrash a 970 on this bench.

Post your best 970 result and I will see how it compares to my 1070.:)

Yeah agreed. My titan is smashing a 980ti as I expected and also my two 290x by the margin I expected which is the same as I see in games.

I think its a pretty good test. You do get some games where you dont get the same differences but thats more between different cards of AMD and Nvidia rather than between cards from one family.

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah agreed. My titan is smashing a 980ti as I expected and also my two 290x by the margin I expected which is the same as I see in games.

I think its a pretty good test. You do get some games where you dont get the same differences but thats more between different cards of AMD and Nvidia rather than between cards from one family.

I have just installed my FE 1070.:D:)

Back
Top Bottom