• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Firing squad x1900 review

Associate
chaparral said:
:confused: Why the xt1900 IL-2 Sturmovik tests so low..Even the xt1800xt is 6fps to 10fps ahead of the xt1900xt-x :confused:

Yes I must admit I was a little perplexed :confused: as that is my main on-line gaming blat at the moment .

Soldato
Well for a start its in lower res, and secondly, all the reviews with IL2 benchies never do the proper test (black death track, as thats the most stressfull track), and never tell you what settings, none of them actually seem to use the perfect setting for instance.
The review on Guru3D has IL2 benchies too ... showing higher res, but no mention of settings, in their test the nod goes to the X1900, others show an X1800XT Xfire set-up to be faster.
Also they aren't using the new test Dll's which are available to try and will be in the next patch ;)

Also dont forget that IL2 is a CPU intensive game too, so that can skew the results even more ...

I can tell you every IL2 test in review's I have seen is totally wrong anyways ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Vogon said:
Well for a start its in lower res, and secondly, all the reviews with IL2 benchies never do the proper test (black death track, as thats the most stressfull track), and never tell you what settings, none of them actually seem to use the perfect setting for instance.
The review on Guru3D has IL2 benchies too ... showing higher res, but no mentuion of settings, in their test the nod goes to the X1900, others show an X1800XT Xfire set-up to be faster.
Also they aren't using the new test Dll's which are available to try and will be in the next patch ;)

Also dont forget that IL2 is a CPU intensive game too, so that can skew the results even more ...

I can tell you every IL2 test in review's I have seen is totally wrong anyways ;)

Lower res.. It's being tested up to 2048x1536

It's can't be because it's cpu limited or the 7800gtx 512mb wouldn't get almost 30fps more at 1600x1200.

Associate
Loving the Battlefield 2 2048x1536x32 4xAA 16xAF @ 85.5 fps on the x1900xtx, the 6800gt struggles to pull even 10fps, and thats still a wicked card. ATi done well here.

Soldato
chaparral said:
Lower res.. It's being tested up to 2048x1536

It's can't be because it's cpu limited or the 7800gtx 512mb wouldn't get almost 30fps more at 1600x1200.

Ah well that will teach me not to scroll down :p ... but I wouldn't take to much notice of it TBH.
Without giving the actual settings or track they used (and going by those figures it doesn't look like they used perfect or the black death track) its all a bit of a lottery. :)

Soldato
Well the X1900XT / XTX cards do a very nice job. Should get better as the drivers mature & as games become even more shader-heavy, i would imagine.

Its also interesting to see how well the X1800XT / XL cards do in comparison to the X1900 series & 7800GT / GTX cards.

(seriously considers getting an X1800XT !?!)

Back
Top Bottom