first attempt to OC 2500k - few pointers

Associate
Hi

I've some spare time at the moment so i thought i'd get round to finally overclocking my PC after building it mid last year - i've just never got round to doing it...

Anyway i was just wondering if anyone had a few pointers or important facts i should know when it comes to 2500k - like what is max safe temp etc.

I noticed that the cores are different temps but i've read that is normal - sometimes a core or two is a good 7-8c higher that others also i've noticed the overall temp seems to be quite high considering it is only at 3.4 at the moment and i have one of those CPU watercoolers fitted (can't remember the brand) at the moment a few of the cores are at 63c - that seems a bit weird to me - could i be looking a faulty cooler or some other issue?

Thanks

Associate
try reseating the cooler first and reapplying the thermal paste

also do you have good ventilation in your case? air coming in and out?

and the overclocking question its pretty simple just slowly raise the multiplier up you should get 4ghz without increasing the voltage use intelburntest or prime95 to test if your pc is stable afterwards

Associate
OP
i'd say ventilation is good yeah - i'll have a closer inspection and see - would you say the temps are high for the low clock speed? i've overclocked 3% and i'm seeing 65% when using OCCT - albeit the system wouldn't usually be under stress like this...

Associate
for not that much of a overclock id say yes they are abit high

@4.5ghz am getting around 65 to 70 at full load and i am only using a cheap ass air cooler

also if your room is warm that can effect your temps also

Back
Top Bottom