First baby born without a gender in Canada

Soldato
And there was me thinking this was as a result of some medical condition lol!

It is, the Mothers elevator doesn't go to the top floor!

Thread should be retitled "Crazy Woman gives Birth, Child protective services fails to protect Child by taking it into care and having it adopted"

V F

V F

Soldato
Must a be a trend in Canada to keep the gender of their child a secret this reminds of the case from 6 years ago.

At times I don't understand how things have become so screwed up in recent times yet it is only going to become a lot worse. Frightening the thought what this will be like by 2020 - 25.

Man of Honour
I always thought, through either being taught or maybe just assumptions, that sex is derived from chromosomes and/ or sexual organs.

Genes are plans for things, not the things themselves. Sex chromosomes type is a good and useful approximation of sex, but it doesn't work as the precisely accuration required to make blanket statements about how sex is defined.

Sexual organs have the advantage of being things rather than plans for things, but they can be changed surgically so they don't work as a support for the position that a sex change is impossible. Also, which sexual organs? Ovaries and testes would be the obvious ones...but what about people who have to have them removed for medical reasons? Are they unsexed afterwards?

However my main point is not of what one wants to go by or is scientifically known as, it's one of change. If you were born a male/ female/ intersex you will always be one. Regardless of medical procedures.

Without a precise and relevant definition, that's an unsupported position. A belief.

Caporegime
At times I don't understand how things have become so screwed up in recent times yet it is only going to become a lot worse. Frightening the thought what this will be like by 2020 - 25.

Hopefully with any luck a war will deal with the chaff.

Soldato
...but what about people who have to have them removed for medical reasons? Are they unsexed afterwards?

The whole topic makes for interesting debate. Maybe they are mine and others beliefs. It's how I was educated and probably the stand point I will keep till my death bed (the whole what sex you are born is what you are until you die regardless of intervention, based on a mixture of chromosomes and sexual organs)

The above quoted example would fall firmly in one of my statements. I don't believe being born a male or female, and later having your sexual organs removed, makes you any less of a male or female.

I will add though, regardless of my hard stand point, I don't think any less of someone, or are bothered by people who want to alter their bodies, or whom believe they are born the wrong sex. Give them the help they need, if they want to be referred to as their/ they, I will refer to them as that. It has no bearing on my life.

I only have issues with people who force views on me. Whether that is regarding sex/ gender perspectives, religion, etc. You're free to do and think what you like. I will respect your views and all I ask is you respect mine.

None of that was personally aimed at you btw.

Soldato
late to the story but Canada has gone absolutely PC mental over the last year or so. I don't understand why the lunatic parents would be unhappy to have a birth certificate that effectively says whether their child was born with a todger or not. It seems completely deranged.

Presumably the bloke already knows that birth certificates can be changed if at a later date the child loses the plot and fancies a pretend vagina or vice versa instead?

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Of all the problems in the world this is so far down the list as to not warrant even troubling about. It is not impacting my life in any way, it will probably matter little to the child at this point in their life. Latter on they will probably figure out what they are.

Soldato
no I'm just illustrating a point, you know exactly what I mean and you want to get sidetracked pointlessly over the use of the phrase 'people of colour'

Yes, because its a ******* ridiculous word. If the only determining factor to describe a human in an area is their skin colour, you say Black person, Asian person, Arab person, White person and so on. Using people of colour is complete ridiculous.

:rolleyes:

Caporegime
Yes, because its a ******* ridiculous word. If the only determining factor to describe a human in an area is their skin colour, you say Black person, Asian person, Arab person, White person and so on. Using people of colour is complete ridiculous.

not in this context when I'm describing everyone other than a white person and you've just demonstrated that you knew what I meant to being with, you've just decided to pointlessly go off topic

V F

V F

Soldato

So what do you say when the police want you to identify someone for a statement? Since all of that would be deemed racist.

Back
Top Bottom