First Gaming PC

Associate
I have started my first gaming pc and I only have 1 main part to get as im moving some of the stuff from my current pc into this new one I am building. The main part I need is the CPU. I was thinking about buying an intel core i7 7700k 4.2ghz but is that worth it for gaming?

Inside my new gaming PC build i have:
https://uk.************.com/mr/alzacouk/bqBrxr
NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid CPU cooler

MSI Z170A Gaming M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Corsaid Vengence LPX 16GB ( 2 x 8GB ) DDR4-2400 Memory

Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB SSD

NZXT h440 razer case

Radeon r9 200 series graphics card

My Psu is an unbranded 700w modular

I`m just not sure if I should spend the money on a high end cpu or possibly get a lower end and mix my graphics card in sli mode with a different model ; if this is even possible.

This is my 1st build so I`m unsure.

Thanks in advance.

https://uk.************.com/mr/amazonuk/F9Gj4D

Soldato
If its purely for gaming and money is an issue get a 6600k. It is also better to get the best single GPU you can get as SLI or Crossfire solutions are not reliable and also use more power and create more heat.

Associate
Reccomend a branded PSU such as Seasonic, Superflower and EVGA.
Also agree with Lewis on sticking with a skylake cpu (6600k or 6700k) since performance in games won't differ much with kabylake. If you are not planning to overclock could save more money without a 'K' CPU.

Associate
OP
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Since I have the Z170 I guess it's a debate on either the or 6600k or the i7 6700k.
I think I'll just have to stick with my current r9 gpu until I save up some more.

Associate
OP
Unless you want to see a nice blank screen appear on your shiny new PC. I would suggest you get a branded power supply, mines an EVGA at moment.
I've just taken my dad's psu out of his. With his permission.
Its a corsair 750x.
Just found out my exact gpu card which is a r9 270x.
I think my maximum budget for either a cpu or gpu is £330.
Not sure if I can wait any longer on my build as it's been sat in my room since Xmas, waiting on these parts. Primarily just a cpu but I'm thinking about a new gpu. Decisions.... Decisions.

Back
Top Bottom