First overclock 3570k

Associate
Hi forum friends. Just running a blend test on prime 95 on a 4.3GHz overclock. It's been running for 2 hours now. Cooling with a Freezer 13 Pro.

So far my temps are settled at just under 70C max. The highest was 75C and that was after 17 mins, since then they haven't gone past 70 really.

My core voltage is set to auto and is at 1.224, been that way for a while. Yesterday I tried manually setting it to 1.2 and it failed to boot windows causing me to pull the battery out and reset the board. I'm wary of doing this again.

Does this seem all fine to you guys?

Have I missed anything?

Any advice is most appreciated.

Associate
OP
Update: Prime 95 ran for 3 hrs no hitches. Played Need For Speed for an hour and it crashed twice. Dropped it down to 4.2 and it's all smooth. At stock I was getting frames dropping to 35/s now it doesn't go below 40.

I think I'll stick with what I've got it at.

Soldato
1.224v isn't much tbh, you can push all the way upto 1.4v if you have a decent cooler and temps don't shoot past 80c while gaming.

I have mine at 4.7ghz at 1.4v bang on and it touches 78c which is fine for me but im under water soooo you might see some higher temps.

Try upping your voltage abit more using manual overclock by moving the vcore up slowly. If you have to pull the battery out that's fine, you won't break anything. Just make sure you save your overclock profile each time you tweak it until you get it right.

If you have LLC functions and internal PLL functions you might want to adjust those to get it stable. LLC or load line calibration will help stop vcore drop when you high the turbo core speed or your overclock speed but usually don't need to adjust that past 50% until you're touching 4.5ghz+

internal PLL will help with overvolting or adding voltage when booting up and usually is just an enable or disable function but for now you can enable it (provided you have it) and see if that helps with booting and stability.

If you have overclocked memory, turn that off until you get your cpu stable first.

Anything below 80c is fine in my books provided you have sufficient cooling to keep it there and watch your vcore for vcore drop and adjust LLC accordingly if you have it to compensate (note higher LLC will induce more heat so don't push too high unless you have to)... it's a fine balancing game with overclocking.

Hope this helps.
Jay

Associate
OP
It's a Gigabyte Z77X-D3H board. I have the ram set to 1600 on XMP Profile 1.

I originally had it running at 4.5 but vcore was 1.464 and temps were in the 90's so I shut it down, that's when I manually set the vcore to 1.2.

Perhaps I should've set it to 1.35

Back
Top Bottom