• GPU
  • CPU
  • RAM
  • Motherboard
  • Heatsink
  • PSU
  • RGB Lighting
  • RGB fans
On my pre-built computer. I currently have a Focus G by Fractal Design ( https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/focus/focus-g/black/ )

I went ahead and ordered https://www.overclockers.co.uk/frac...ower-case-black-tempered-glass-ca-07f-fd.html

As I like my current case by Fractal, it also has excellent reviews all over the web.

I'm thinking. Keep it simple, install everything as stock first. Then add my RGB fans etc

When i come to install my two RGB corsair fans, should I line them up in these lines at the top ? A bit confused because my current case has round screw holes rather than them long things ?

Last edited:
Associate
Yes, the fans go in the recessed slots. They differ to allow different sizes, 120/140mm plus radiators, and to give slight positional changes. You want your extracts further towards the rear of the case, typically.
2x fans up top can sometimes be detrimental to airflow and temp btw. Depends on others fans and speed. So with that, it can often be preferable/better.

Associate
Main thing is have a build plan. It's much easier to fit your fans and radiator first, then route your cables before installing your mobo. Take your time and enjoy the most expensive lego set you'll ever buy.

Associate
OP
Installed my first ever PC within a few hours.

The only thing that went wrong was the standoff screws. I messed up the I\O shield and had to take the mobo out. All the screws came out except the bottom three, so I had to pull it. All three bottom standoffs were stuck to the mobo. So i'm guessing I didn't tighten them enough with the provided tool. Used some pliers on the the underside to keep the standoff still - then with my other hand gently screw it counter clockwise

Anybody else encoutered this ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom