First time HTPC builder.

Associate
OP
Found a case i think may suit my needs its the Compucase 8K Mini ITX, OCUK do not sell this case sadly but i think it might be what im after and in my price range. It has 1 3.5" drive bay and i can easily use some velcro to fasten the ssd inside the case too. It comes with a 120w psu which im sure is enough for the 3500 llano but would love some feedback on what experienced HTPC builders think.

Soldato
A few observations on that case, I see it is only 70mm high. This really will limit you on aftermarket cpu coolers if you find the stock fan too loud. Also the stock psu I imagine won't be the quietest so I personally would have to rip out that psu and replace with a pico psu.

How about the Inwin BP655, it is 100mm high so allows for more variation in cpu cooling though it does come with another cheapo psu which would have to be swapped with a pico psu. You can get 120W pico psu setups for £40 if you shop around and don't mind going for chinese based copies (I have used this setup for a year now).

Associate
OP
Hmmm the inwin case is a good alternative, i hadnt seen that one so thanks for that.

I may make changes in the future and as and when finances allow but the inwin looks to be in my budget and comes with a psu i can use for now and then change in the future if i dont like the noise.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom