First time watercooler - spec + questions

Soldato
OP
Looks great.

Mission accomplished or are you planning to vertically mount the GPU ?

Leaving it as is for now. Not sure if the GPU will fit vertically with the bottom rad and fans in place. It is something I will look into more though.

I have ordered a replacement 12 pin cable for the gpu. I’ll be much happier when that arrives.

Are the fittings universal or do you have to go after specific ones?

All EK quantum vector fittings

Soldato
OP
@Damien. Which version is the pump on your distro plate? I've been reading there are major issues with 3.1, assuming yours is 3.2 with the supposedly fixed pump.

As far as I am aware I have the 3.1 (going by OCUK's product page). Although I will check the box when I get home.

What issues have you read about?

Soldato
OP
It all seems to be working relatively well for me at the moment. Might upgrade for the DDC 4.2 when it comes out though (just in case).

I can put my case on its side and do this without having to drop the liquid so not too daunting.

Soldato
OP
Don't bother.. as far as i'm aware the 4.2 is identical to the 3.2 only that the molex is replaced with a sata connection and is braided. Nice build btw :)

Edit.. didn't realise you had a 3.1

Thanks!

Yeah, unfortunately. I was completely unaware of the 3.1 issues so an upgrade to the 4.2 would be the best course of action here.

Soldato
OP
I have a single 60mm Alphacool rad with 4.2 pump and flow rate is fine. I never run over 30percent flow rate. The 4.2 noticeably drained the distro plate Res section much faster than the 3.1 it came with.

You find fitting the 4.2 to the G1 relatively easy? Anything I need to be aware of?

Soldato
OP
It is just 4 screws and very simple, I think it came with the correct alan key but not 100% certain. I also got a heatsink at the same time so fitted that as well and that had its own screws and heatpad so iirc they were the ones that attached all the way through to the distro plate.

Great thanks.

4.2 pre-ordered.

Back
Top Bottom