First timer question

Associate
I have got a coolant sensor for my loop that will plug onto the motherboard. Where would the best place for this to be added into the loop. I was thinking of adding to the top raditor which is the alpha cool ut60 has lots of extra ports on it or should i have it in the top of the res.

Associate
Reservoir usually is better.
Just make sure it gets in contact with the coolant.
If not, to keep things simple, if that radiator is the one just before the reservoir, fitting it next to the port with leads to the reservoir should give you a very accurate reading.

Associate
That should give you an accurate reading.
Even if the coolant temperature will be almost uniform across the loop, reading just after a block, specially a GPU would give you about 2 or 3 C warmer than before the block or after a rad.
I've always based my fan curves on the coolant temperature in the reservoir or just before it.

Associate
I have mine on the last fitting on the return to the Res, I also have a second sensor to monitor the in coming air just in front of the fans behind the front panel do I can check the difference in air temp and water temp.

Associate
That's perfect.
If you use aquacomputer quadro or octo, you can monitor the delta, and make the fan's behaviour based on the delta.
Quite sure other tools allow it too.
Monitoring the delta, as you are, is the way to go. Only coolant isn't adequate, as during summer or even now with heating on, the coolant temperature could flag as high, but the delta not.
If your focus is on silence, a delta up to 10C is ok, as long your coolant doesn't get too hot to cause tubing issues. Mine always under 35C, but I'm happy to sacrifice a bit of noise for cooler temperatures. My OCD is more about lower than necessary temperatures. :D:D:D

Associate
I'm aiming for silence and I have my fan curve set to my water temps but try and keep them below 1100rpm but that's still too loud as my case isn't great for airflow but that's another story.

Back
Top Bottom