First workout (a bit crazy...)

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Well I bought the argos tricep/bicep curl set a few days ago, I already had some weights in the garage. However I need more, along with a bench.

Should be getting that soon. :)

This is what I did:

Deadlifts: 3 Sets of 10. 21KG.
Bicep Curl: 4 sets of 10. 24KG.
Upright row: 3 sets of 10. 24KG.

Found the curl and row relatively easy, I only have a few more 1KG discs lieing around. I need more weights as neither my shoulders or my biceps ache.

Deadlifts were interesting, there wasn't much strain on my back however the back of my legs aren't the strongest and they are aching a little bit so that was good.

Now for the interesting part, half way through a m8 of my bro came down. He works at his uncle's gym.

He said do 21's, basically this is similar to bicep curls. Where you do 7 half curls, then 7 curls from the half way position to your chest, then 7 full curls.

So I tried it at first, he said you have the fat on your arms so you need to cut it and do more reps at lower weights.

He's wrong isnt he? Surely higher weights and short reps is better for increasing muscle mass?

Another thing my post workout shake consisted of : 2 large scoops whey, 1 large scoop oats and water.

Is this ok or should I take out the oats?

Was a interesting workout, the last time I used a barbell was in secondary school. The worst part was my MP shaker falling down and breaking and then the cat came in to the garage and took a dump. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Heres my all round routine as recommended by styles

Monday (Chest/Shoulder/Triceps)

Flat Bench Press – 3x8
Incline Dumbbell Bench – 3x8
Skull Crushers – 3x8 (similar to lying tricep extensions)
Close Grip Bench Press – 3x8
Seated Dumbbell Military Press -3x8
Lateral Dumbbell Raises – 3x8
Calf Raises

Wednesday (Back/Biceps)

Dead lifts – 3x8
Bent Over Barbell Rows – 3x8
Pull ups or Pull Downs, alternate week to week also change from wide to close grip etc 3x8
Barbell Bicep Curl -3x8
One arm Dumbbell hammer Curls – 3x8
Calf Raises

Friday (Legs/Abs)

Barbell Squats – 3x8
Dumbbell Lunges – 3x8
Calf Raises-4x10

I'd train abs on the 2-3 days in between so if you were training 3 times mon, wed, and fri, abs would be tues, thurs, sat.
Only 3 excercises thats not much of workout, use the routine above add some body weight excercises if u dont have enough weight eg press ups,dips chin ups these will be hard at first but do get easier very quickly.
I wouldnt bother doin the 21s stick to 3x8. And if you want to lose fat u need to diet properly doin more reps at a lower weight aint gonna do nothin.
Post workout shake looks ok oats are good carbs your body will need them after a workout.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom