Fixing out of sync sound on a video?

Soldato
Okay.

I have some films / video clippings etc on the computer and I copy them onto DVD Disc with Nero 7 so that I can watch them on my normal DVD Player downstairs in the comfort of my lounge.

Now most of the times the videos play fine. No problems with video nor audio.

But some of the Videos the Audio is out of sync with the video. IE: Audio can be up to 2 - 6 seconds in front of video.

Now all these videos are to do with Radio Controlled planes and helicopters. Its my hobby. Anyhow 99% are shot in the USA. Is there some audio file format difference to us over here using PAL to the USA using NTSC ?

What I normally do is use Nero vision (4) to make the DVD video. But quite a few are out of audio sync. Driving me nuts.

BUT:

This is the annoying bit. If I watch them on my computer using Windows Media Player, they play and sound fine. Everything is in Sync.

Can someone help me ?

ntsc = 29fps
pal = 23.99999 fps

or something like that

try other software, like convertxtodvd or winavi, or update nero (might have an option in advanced settings or something)

Pal is 25 fps ntsc is 29.97/23.976, tbh nero isn't a good program for dvd transcoding which is likely the cause of the format conversion problems.

Last edited:
as been said its most likely the speed difference between the 2 differing standards?

does your tv / dvd player support ntsc? more than likely it does
burn the revelant files in thir native standard

or convert them to pal before burning im not sure but winavi may do a decent job of this but is a pay for program

alternatively open the file in virtualdubmod, demux the audio track through the streams menu

then disable the audio stream, set the frame rate to pal (25fps) select direct stream copy and save the file out

use beesweet to adjust the ntsc wav file you demuxed to pal and save it

back to vdubmod open the pal version of the video with no sound, go to the steams menu and add the converted audio track, select direct stream copy and save

you now should be able to use a dvd authoring / burning program to burn the video in pal with synced audio

Thank you everyone for your guidance.

Had a butchers on the net and found

ConvertXtoDVD a program that has sorted it out fine. Just have to burn (for some reason) a bit slower than normal and audio to video sync is then fine.

thank all

Back
Top Bottom