Flaming Moe

Soldato
I'm watching The Simpsons and it's the episode where Homer invents the Flaming Moe cocktail and Moe takes credit for it to help out his failing bar. We're never told exactly what's in it, just a little of everything and then add some cough syrup. Just wondering if anyone here has tried making one.

Associate
I can't imagine that mixing alcohol and medication is that wise, and probably tastes nasty.

Having said that me and a mate did try to make a cocktail that we dubbed the white cockney. Not having any vodka with which to make white Russians, we used gin instead. In fact it was just Gin and milk and was disgusting as you can probably imagine.

Soldato
I'm watching The Simpsons and it's the episode where Homer invents the Flaming Moe cocktail and Moe takes credit for it to help out his failing bar. We're never told exactly what's in it, just a little of everything and then add some cough syrup. Just wondering if anyone here has tried making one.

You are aware The Simpsons is a cartoon right? :p

Soldato
Many years ago one of my brothers held a 'James Bond' themed party, another one of my brothers came as Blofeld/Dr Evil and started making cocktails...he put a little of every spirit he could find into a shaker (we have a LOT of spirits) and dubbed it 'The Dr Evil' and my god it was evil! :(

Soldato
A couple of near by bars to me up in belfast do them (we're all massive students and can quote most episodes of the simpsons off by heart)

Anyway its done as a shot with red and blue aftershock (to get the purple) and a good dash of absinthe... One bar set it alight quickly and the other didnt... Dont remember either night at all :D

Back
Top Bottom