Flash fullscreen on dual monitor + HEX question

Caporegime
I'm trying to make Flash (e.g. BBC iPlayer) remain full screen on my second monitor.

I have downloaded a hex editor and opened the relevant file, but I am now reading 'Go to offset 0×136340' and I have no idea how to find this 'offset', as everything on my screen looks entirely unlike this string:

fgfdgdfg.jpg

Can anyone explain please, how I find offset 0x136340?

Soldato
You have a different version of Flash I think, that location is for version 10.0.22.87. If you find a solution for the latest version of Flash, please post :) - my Google skills evaded me a while ago :(

Pho

Pho

Soldato
HxD is my hex editor of choice, but the one you have should work fine.

Have a look for a 'goto' command in the menu, it should let you type the offset into it and take you straight there.

Have you got the latest version of flash? The offsets will likely change with newer versions. Go here and check what it says under 'You have version' (post it here and I'll be able to help).

Soldato
Address > Goto

Choose hexadecimal and enter $136340

Jobs a goodun.

Out of interest as this one has annoyed me for a while, which file are you editing and what changes do you make to it?

Caporegime
OP
Wow, thought this would be an obscure question but multiple replies already.

You have a different version of Flash I think, that location is for version 10.0.22.87. If you find a solution for the latest version of Flash, please post :) - my Google skills evaded me a while ago :(

I will :).

HxD is my hex editor of choice, but the one you have should work fine.

Have a look for a 'goto' command in the menu, it should let you type the offset into it and take you straight there.

Have you got the latest version of flash? The offsets will likely change with newer versions. Go here and check what it says under 'You have version' (post it here and I'll be able to help).

Yep, version is:

sdvdsv.jpg

Address > Goto

Choose hexadecimal and enter $136340

Jobs a goodun.

Out of interest as this one has annoyed me for a while, which file are you editing and what changes do you make to it?

Thanks for that, I understand that bit now.

The file I'm 'editing' (attempting to) is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll (Windows 7 x64 [Home Premium]).

Just trying to find this again myself, not sure if there is a working solution for latest version of flash :(

I'm absolutely shocked that Adobe haven't built this in as default behaviour. I'm sure there's a good reason :o.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Nothing like a bit of reverse-engineering in the evening :D.

For x64 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll is the right place. Make sure you close your browser and everything using Flash first.

The offset for version 10.1.82.76 is 180AAF - go to that location in your hex editor and change the 74 39 you see to 90 90 (no operation) and fullscreen will work, at least it does for me :).

edit: oops, now that I Google that flash version and that offset it appears others have already found it, nevermind :p.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Are you doing this for a particular reason or do you not know about flashhack? Which I assume still works.

I did not know about that :eek:. I'll try it later when I've finished with these browser windows, thanks.

Nothing like a bit of reverse-engineering in the evening :D.

For x64 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll is the right place. Make sure you close your browser and everything using Flash first.

The offset for version 10.1.82.76 is 180AAF - go to that location in your hex editor and change the 74 39 you see to 90 90 (no operation) and fullscreen will work, at least it does for me :).

edit: oops, now that I Google that flash version and that offset it appears others have already found it, nevermind :p.

Thanks for that, only I've gone to that address and I can't see a string matching '74 39':

sdfsdfgdsf.jpg

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Sounds like you're at a different offset, here's what mine looks like, I've highlighted the relevant bits:

Probably easier to grab HxD (linked above) and use the offset I posted above if not.

Caporegime
OP
Are you doing this for a particular reason or do you not know about flashhack? Which I assume still works.

xvfg.jpg

Sounds like you're at a different offset, here's what mine looks like, I've highlighted the relevant bits:

Probably easier to grab HxD (linked above) and use the offset I posted above if not.

Will try that now, thanks.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Very odd. If you go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash and right click on NPSWF32.dll then right click on it and go to properties > details does it definitely say file version 10.1.82.76?

Caporegime
OP
Lol, no it doesn't. Somehow. The plot thickens!

dsfdsfsdfdsfsd.jpg

In internet add-ons menu the version is also listed as 10.1.82.76.

What do I do now dad?! :p

I guess uninstall, delete all add-ons and files, then reinstall? That will have to wait until tomorrow as my head is starting to fog up. Thanks for all your help so far.

Soldato
This is odd. I updated Flash to the latest one supposedly (via that link above), and it says I have version 10.0.45.2.

That FlashHack program works with that file version at least though :D

Finally full screen Flash again on 1 screen whilst working on another ^_^

PS: This is weird and very random, when I used to play MMO's years ago, I had a character called akiller, no wonder I couldn't register akiller at gmail dot com :p ;)

Soldato
Heh that's weird. http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ should tell you what version your browser is using. Why Adobe don't offer this as standard I don't know :/.

So you're the one who keeps stealing my main username then? :p.

It's made up from my name (see trust), not very imaginative I know :D.

Yeah, I updated it and checked the version both ways and it still said that number above (even with a new FF profile), doesn't bother me now though :)

Haha, that's an unbelievably awesome name, I don't use that anymore, ever since I couldn't get the gmail address I used another nick :p

Anyway, if only there was a simple fix for similar functionality whilst using Silverlight.

Soldato
You need to search for the specific line of hex code, as the address is different in every version just about.

Search for:

74 39 83 E8 07 74 11 83 E8 05 75 13 8B

And replace the 74 39 with 90 90

Caporegime
OP
No wonder it's different then :o. Which browser are you using? Chrome will use a different location for Flash I think compared to Internet Explorer/Firefox etc (I'm using it on Firefox).

I updated to the latest version earlier through from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.

IE8. The file location I quoted it for IE as far as I'm aware?

Going to reinstall Flash tonight and see where it gets me.

Back
Top Bottom