flash pens as hard disks

Status
Not open for further replies.
and if you had to use usb pens instead. U wouldn't have any noises so you would get a silent computer!!!!! Amazin im goina buy 40 usb pens n pump them in n take out ma hard drive!

Flash memory is very expensive compared to magnetic media, something like £20 per GB compared to 32p per GB (or about £1 per GB if you go with Raptors), it's also normally much slower than magnetic media.

There are, as has already been mentioned some products that will use normal RAM (still expensive, but much faster) as a HDD, using a battery on board to enable it to retain data when the power is off.

You can also use flash drives as bootable devices at the moment on many modern motherboards, but due to the costs, capacity and speeds involved it's not really practical for a full OS.

i am goian make it it. Ill super glue aw the pen drives together! N thn it ill b amazin n make a ghetto usb hing that ill jab aw the in to and jab that into ma usb port. Infact microsoft are givin away free usb pens.Yas bill gates can pay for it!!!!! Amazo

bbreezeuk said:
yeah right, if so post a link
It's true, can't find the link though. All you had to do was fill out the questionnaire correctly and fill in your details. Someone posted all the answers on here a while ago :D

EDIT: beaten to it :(

i am goian make it it. Ill super glue aw the pen drives together! N thn it ill b amazin n make a ghetto usb hing that ill jab aw the in to and jab that into ma usb port. Infact microsoft are givin away free usb pens.Yas bill gates can pay for it!!!!! Amazo

erm, what?!?!?!?

Owell, get my student loan on monday, just spend 1000 on usb drives flash ones. Stuff yer fx60s ma computer ill b flash powered!!!Zoombat machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom