Flashing Petrol Light

Bri

Bri

Soldato
Hi

I've tried the Alfa forums, no joy there so thought I'd see if anyone here had any ideas.

My petrol light (you know, the one that lights up when you're running low), has started flashing on & off.

There's about half a tank in there. It's not like a flicker, or flashing intermittantly. It's a very rhythmic flashing, as if it's signalling something, but there's nothing in the manual to indicate what that might be :D

Any ideas would be appreciated, I was thinking it may be a faulty sensor, but if that were the case, surely it would either

• not work at all
  • be on all the time
  • flash/flicker intermittantly

Its a very rhythmic flashing which is wierd!

EDIT: Awaits Alfa haters :p

Soldato
I know this sounds crazy but on my fabia the diesel glow plug light flashes when a brake light is out (well known on the briskoda forums) maybe its worth checking this sort of thing (sorry if this is a rubbish answer) :)

Bri

Bri

Soldato
OP
Enfield said:
Fuel sender gauge thingy?

LOL :D

Any chance you could be less vague? :p

moon man said:
I know this sounds crazy but on my fabia the diesel glow plug light flashes when a brake light is out (well known on the briskoda forums) maybe its worth checking this sort of thing (sorry if this is a rubbish answer) :)

It comes up on the LCD display on the dash if a bulb is out (and tells you which one :cool: ). Thanks anyway though :)

Soldato
My Hyundai Coupe had a warning light come on the other week. I checked in the manual and it suggested having it checked out at a garage. The kind man at the local Hyundai establishment came out with is box of tricks and ran diagnostics on it. After 2 minutes of mad button mashing with an oily finger and beeps that sounded like my old Spectrum ZX, he told me it the engine management system had detected bad fuel.... for 4ms. He said it was probably a bit of crud in the tank and asked me whether I'd run it down low recently... (yes, 50 miles on the empty light :rolleyes: ). Anyway, he said it was fine and reset it. Apparently the V6's are very picky about their fuel. Maybe yours has detected some below par juice?

Soldato
moon man said:

Impressive. My Fabia illuminates the blown bulb light :D

Back to the Alfa - dodgy fuel pump perhaps?

Man of Honour
It's an Alfa, the flashing petrol light means your headlights are on full beam. If you get a big flashing blue light that means your low on fuel and you need to put some in, via the washer bottle of course ;)

Bri

Bri

Soldato
OP
I found the solution (although not the cause....;)).

Let the tank get down to 1/8th full, so that the low fuel warning light is on constantly, then fill her up & off goes the light!

Wahey :D

Back
Top Bottom