Soldato
Somewhere in Germany perhaps ? :p

Just found this >> More footage of the green monster

Edit - Its a bit like the wacky races in some parts :o

What is the car at 1:51?

wtf.jpg

Man of Honour
How 'flat' is flat?

I remember when I was about 18 and a workmate was trying (successfully) to get us interested in road rallying.
At the time he had an S12 Silva Turbo with a new LSD, hybrid Silvia Designs turbo, Janspeed system, etc etc. We grabbed a 159 and 160 maps and headed for the mountain so I could learn how to read maps.

It was dusk, still relatively light and we were flat out down the lanes. I called one section as "flat" and he kept it pinned until we were flat in 4th 500rpm shy of the limiter. One of the fastest jaunts I've ever been on down a road that narrow and rough, if anything had gone even slightly wrong we'd have turned it into a ball.

Made me realise that "flat" doesn't always mean "flat" :D

Soldato
This > Click me .. click me.. click me now..

"The car went on the limiter on the crest and thats 220 KPH! When we landed we were both winded and the shockers burst thats what caused the fire, the boot and rear quarters are bent down about 6 inches Never again i am in so much pain today. Apparently the record lenght jump set on a rally is 57 metre`s we must have been close to that? .... and he later added this: "It was one small step for mankind" They say no "pain no gain" and this is true cos i am going to gain a canny bill for the repairs. The bottom line is we are both going to recover and thats all that matters Thumbs Up!! On a lighter note; when i was in A+E the doctor came in and asked what had happened. I explained it went like this; I was doing 220KPH down the road, he said what type of road, i said single track back road.Then i took off on a jump and flew 60 metres and landed heavily... He said "your in te wrong hospital mate the mental hospital is 5 miles up the road"

Nasty.. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom