FlatOut Ultimate Carnage - How does the multiplayer work?

Associate
I can't seem to find any information on how the multiplayer aspect of this game works; specifically, does it rely on dedicated servers or does one of the players host the game?

I would like to play the game with my friend (over the internet), with additional AI players, and without relying on a dedicated server. Is that possible?

Soldato
It uses GFWL for P2P matchmaking so from memory than means you need 6 players minimum to start an MP game via GFWL its a superb game but MP died in 2009 (the game came out in 2008).

Still a great looker & very playable on PC after all these years shame the devs decided to rebrand the sequel into Ridge Racer Unbounded though :(

Associate
OP
It uses GFWL for P2P matchmaking so from memory than means you need 6 players minimum to start an MP game via GFWL its a superb game but MP died in 2009 (the game came out in 2008).

Still a great looker & very playable on PC after all these years shame the devs decided to rebrand the sequel into Ridge Racer Unbounded though :(

Thanks. That's a real bummer. :(

Is there anything similar that I could play with a single human opponent as well as AI cars? (And that doesn't need dedicated servers).

Back
Top Bottom