Flexible wind/water proof gloves?

Associate
I've got a pair of Dainese summer gloves which I wear even during short trips in winter because I like to feel the controls and be more nimble, and I've got chunky gauntlets for when it rains or longer trips. I'm wondering if anyone here has used gloves that are kind of similar to the summer style but are more suited to winter without losing too much sensitivity and would be an overall tighter fit than the typical winter gloves?

Associate
I've got a pair of Dainese summer gloves which I wear even during short trips in winter because I like to feel the controls and be more nimble, and I've got chunky gauntlets for when it rains or longer trips. I'm wondering if anyone here has used gloves that are kind of similar to the summer style but are more suited to winter without losing too much sensitivity and would be an overall tighter fit than the typical winter gloves?

Something my bike instructor said to me earlier in the year, was that he would often still ride in "summer" gloves even in winter, but had heated grips installed.
His reasoning being "Wet hands are fine as long as they're warm". Might be something to consider at least :)

Associate
OP
Sounds like a tough old salt!

I picked up a pair of Rev'it Sand 4 H2O Leather Gloves, from the reviews they seem to be a bit thinner than the usual gauntlets so I'm eager to try them out

Soldato
Not sure if they exist anymore, but I used to have a pair of Sealskinz waterproof mountain bike gloves that kept my hands both warm and dry if I had to ride a motorcycle in winter.

Enduro gloves might be worth a look as even heavy duty cycling/hiking gloves probably don’t have enough abrasion resistance.

Associate
OP
Alright so just in case anyone is interested in the future; these Revit sand 4 waterproof gloves were exactly what I was looking for I've been riding around with them for the week, they are a tight fit and retain a similar feel to my summer gloves when at the controls. In terms of warmth they're no different than a cheap pair of £30 gauntlets, after 20 mins your finger tips freeze but I'm not too bothered I wanted dexterity I don't do road trips during winter usually. Overall pretty happy with them but they aren't full winter gloves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom