Flight Delay Compensation

Associate
Depends on the airline and how willing to play ball they are. I initially contacted Thomson directly and they just dismissed my claim.

Caporegime
just lol. good luck getting very far when they say 'computer says no'. and they have a legal team and you have what?

Not sure if the Ombudsman can help out.

Luckily we as consumers are fairly well looked after.

I might just pursue this myself too. I was stuck at Schiphol for almost 24h last year with my wife, we booked a hotel and all the airline offered us was a replacement flight. Was either Easyjet or KLM, can't remember.

Soldato
Again, just incase you missed it... From the legal firm representing me........ Norwegian airlines after a 44hr delay, which i was out of pocket for and rental car... let alone packed and ready to with very upset young children.....

Current status of your claim

We have issued proceedings against the airline because they still refuse to pay the financial compensation you are entitled to. A legal procedure can take a long time before it will be resolved. The court must first accept the claim form and formally start the legal procedure. The airline will be allowed time to file a defense after which a hearing date will be scheduled. You will not see any changes in your file for a long time because your case is now with the English courts. We must await the procedure. We will inform you as soon as we receive a verdict in your case.

Caporegime
Again, just incase you missed it... From the legal firm representing me........ Norwegian airlines after a 44hr delay, which i was out of pocket for and rental car... let alone packed and ready to with very upset young children.....

Current status of your claim

We have issued proceedings against the airline because they still refuse to pay the financial compensation you are entitled to. A legal procedure can take a long time before it will be resolved. The court must first accept the claim form and formally start the legal procedure. The airline will be allowed time to file a defense after which a hearing date will be scheduled. You will not see any changes in your file for a long time because your case is now with the English courts. We must await the procedure. We will inform you as soon as we receive a verdict in your case.

AGain thats just one example. There are hundreds that cave in on the second letter.

Send a letter as per the template. If you get a uncooperative airline (some arent) send the suggested return letter with the reference to the court case.

If that doesnt work then give it all to a firm to pursue.

But lots of cases get settled directly to the person with the first or second letter. Apparently Ryanair you have to sue as they think the ruling is wrong.

Soldato
just lol. good luck getting very far when they say 'computer says no'. and they have a legal team and you have what?

I've claimed the €250 (usually about £180) 4 times this year for late arrivals....

This was with different airlines also. I'm not saying every airline is the same, but to engage a 3rd party company without taking 5 minutes to complete a template claim letter is daft.
Just lol...

Back
Top Bottom