Flow Indicator LOUD!

Associate
Is a flow indicator necessary? I have one installed and it is so loud / annoying.

Tempted to just pull it out tbh, are there any other sensors that are worth installing? How are people monitoring water temps?

Thanks

Soldato
Is a flow indicator necessary? I have one installed and it is so loud / annoying.

Tempted to just pull it out tbh, are there any other sensors that are worth installing? How are people monitoring water temps?

Thanks

I don't use a flow indicator at all, I find them very restrictive and better without one, don't even monitor water temps, if my CPU isn't over heating then I know everything is fine, also im using an EK D5 Revo with a 140 tube on it, so I can see the fluid moving about in it, but despite that, I also have the blue PWM cable connected to a motherboard fan header so can monitor the pump speed whenever I feel like it.

Man of Honour
You don't need a flow monitor as just a quick glance at the res will tell you that fluid is circulating. I have never used one and have managed with no problems.

I wouldn't be without a water temp sensor though because I like to know what temps my water is do that I can adjust fan speeds accordingly to keep the temps where I want them. I used to run a pair of temps sensors, one on the inlet and one on the outlet sides of the case (my rads are external) but found that temp difference rarely exceeded 1.2 degrees even on the harshest of conditions so did away with the inlet one on the next rebuild.

Soldato
Mine all sits under the desk and has done for 3 years or more.
My fans will ramp up if the temps rise, it will alarm if it reaches 95ºC (I think) :p
It's just something else to go wrong... IMO the whole point of WC is to fit and forget.

Back
Top Bottom