Folding@home News 23rd - 30th October

Associate
Was doing the skynet thing and enjoyed the extra heat in house :)

Decided to join the folding team too now.

gpus are a bit out of date though :(

How does the work they do compare to newer models?

Welcome to the team and thanks for helping out with POGS.

The magic number about about Folding is getting the most PPD for least amount of watts or PPW (Points Per Watt). Its all about the electric bill at the end of the day. Older cards tend to be rather power hungry and output less PPD. Its finding a balance that suits you and how much you are willing to spend. Upgrading to less power hungry card can pay dividends. There are quite a lot of articles around the web.

Soldato
Lol it's included in my rent for my temporary accommodation :)

This temporary internet lark's a right pain, the GPU WU this morning finished roughly 5 minutes after I left for work, cue 10hrs of doing nothing and losing points on a completed WU.. get back and send it off, get the new one, guess what? Due to finish half an hour after I leave for work tomorrow :p
I tried telling it to download the next WU at 99% this morning which would have at least got it doing some work during the day but it ignored me :confused:

Associate
Lol it's included in my rent for my temporary accommodation :)

This temporary internet lark's a right pain, the GPU WU this morning finished roughly 5 minutes after I left for work, cue 10hrs of doing nothing and losing points on a completed WU.. get back and send it off, get the new one, guess what? Due to finish half an hour after I leave for work tomorrow :p
I tried telling it to download the next WU at 99% this morning which would have at least got it doing some work during the day but it ignored me :confused:

Got a smart phone? install Team viewer on pc and phone and you can log on pc from anywere :) or plenty other options

Soldato
Got a smart phone? install Team viewer on pc and phone and you can log on pc from anywere :) or plenty other options

Hello, no internet :p

Using my smartphone to tether but obviously that's not much use when I'm not at home.

I set the next-unit-percentage flag before leaving home and it passed 99% without making any effort to download the next WU, at which point I had to leave. Will try it out again tomorrow.. 94% will err on the cautious side and should be plenty.

Back
Top Bottom